Heads up: 1 Year Playstation Plus Code $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon again (as of 11/20/2017, 2pm, JST)

Emulators for the PSVita in the HENkaku days that ended up as vapourware

Aurora

I’m a girl that’s liked technology from day 1. Mostly interested in the PSVita/PSP scene but I’ve always modded my stuff when it’s possible, that is :)

Contact me via DM at @KawaiiAuroraA on Twitter if you have any questions/concerns about my articles or if you have any article requests.

1. Just a Dude says:

The vita might not have the aw factor the psp had in its homebrew days, but it’s becoming the ultimate handheld. With Adrenaline we have psp and psone. Then Henkaku brings us psv titles along with emulators for almost any console from the last couple of gens. I hope these emulators get picked back up in the future, especially the N64 one.

2. VIPlaine1 says:

3. Q13E5 says:

Sad to see. i thought with the GXM (Graphic chip) finally working in a demo, i thought emulators would take advantage of it. the app is called “GXM Fun” if you are interested.

• Jack Attack says:

Emulators need CPU power more than GPU. It’s the CPU that slows everything down first since it’s doing 90% of the work.

4. sloppycrap says:

Well that’s rude.

5. jkjkjk says:

Problem is that the N64 has to be built by scratch Like the daedalusx64.

6. As vapourware? I see what you did there, hehehe. Vaporwave, listen to it if you haven’t, and you won’t be disappointed. Listen to this masterpiece > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T6pgZdFLP0

7. 111564 says:

Remove trannies from the scene

8. Crzo says:

You know what’s actually a bigger vapourwave issue? This whole article that has the astounding number of 2 entries…

Of course they cant release a complete N64 emulator in 6 months, and they are probably working on it.

The DS Emulator was a port of the PSP one and was more of a proof of concept than an actual release…

A vapourwave article about vapourwave…

• Panda says:

IIRC the DS emulator was a port of the 3DS version which was in turn a port of Desmume. No clue if that also trails back to the PSP DS emulator though.

• Shinigati says:

And lets not forget we are currently limited to software rendering, if we had hardware rendering then that is another story..

• FGS says:

You know, you’re views would count for more were you able to distinguish between vaporware and vaporwave. The former is software which is announced but never released. The latter is a genre of electronic music.

9. Acromioclavicular says:

we want CPS3 too

10. Snk Ever says:

That article is so bad.
    The vita has a Cortex A9 444Mhz cpu core.

Manage your expectations accordingly

• Aurora says:

First of all, it’s a quad-core CPU because how you wrote it, it sounds like it’s a single core.

As you may have read, I do acknowledge that the performance of the Vita isn’t stellar but then again, maybe someone can at least get the NDS emulator up and running with decent framerates if you can tolerate a frameskip of 3-4.

• Fallenleader says:

Since yo defaulted to RetroArch’s N64 emulator and tossed the DeSmuME core from them as an example as well, it would probably be good to note for the readers here that RetroArch Team has a patreon and is supporting bounties.

If seeing these emulators exist on our beloved device is that big a deal to you, especially the N64 one that is probably being worked on still, then it wouldn’t hurt to set up a bounty for it. I know I will be dropping a bounty towards N64 on Vita soon.

11. yoshi314 says:

if something has had initial release – it is not vaporware. that would be the case if it ended at promises.

clickbait article, that;’s all.

12. 124460 says:

I got an old Android phone that has no space to install apps on it cuz it’s only a 4 gig and it can run the N64 without a leg.

13. smh says:

People complaining on here, why don’t you try writing articles for the site instead of whining huh?, na i’m guessing you guys just love to moan instead.

• Captain Correction says:

“Here, let me show you how to write better articles than the staff.”
      *does absolutely nothing*
      “Here you go. You’re welcome!”

And it would actually be better. It would still waste less of people’s time.

• lol typical says:

You have just proved my point, instead of adding something genuinely useful to my topic, you just make jokes instead. At this moment I would really really love to see you “try” write a proper article right now, see how people would judge it too…..good luck since there is currently nothing much happening in the scene for now that hasn’t already been posted. 🙂

• Crzo says:

Wololo.net became famous for the quality articles that were always relevant in the hacking community and not for vapourwave articles.

I rather have a slow week with no articles if nothing new is coming out than have someone spam the front page with meaningless articles that add nothing…

• Sonny Jim says:

Wololo “became famous” because of the psp emulator exploits, dont try and rewrite history so you can make a rather malevolent point. The hacking community consists of about 20 people. Statistically speaking, I doubt you are one of them.

• bye bye says:

well no one is forcing you to be here.

14. Donopatay says:

Im surprised that no article has been posted about Henkaku being updated and now has a few added features just a few days ago.

15. maybe waiting says:

Maybe they are just waiting for the major proper update so they ca write a full article, instead of having lots of mini articles about Henkaku minor updates. Shrugs.

16. Oh No. says:

Here’s a thought. How about we stop waiting and start doing. If we keeping waiting for someone else to make an emulator, it might not ever release.

• Oh Really says:

Are you gonna work on it? I know I’m not because I’ve looked at the emulator code in C and let me tell you that’s a LOT of work an I know quite a bit of C. I couldn’t even imagine writing in native Vita code…

• Crzo says:

Not everyone in the world knows how to code you know, people study for all kind of things, you can’t just expect the rest of the world to simply start coding out of their a.sses -_-

17. Juniorpsvita says: