6.61 Adrenaline-5.1 released – Various bug fixes and ability to skip the Adrenaline boot logo
TheFlow has updated Adrenaline yet again. This time, it’s a minor release that has some bug fixes but they’re useful nonetheless especially for PSTV users. It’s recommended you do this update as it’s pretty easy to apply if you have a network connection on your device. The Adrenaline-5.1 is strongly recommended for PSTV users as it fixes the network update function.
Adrenaline is the infamous ePSP hack for PSVita/PSTV consoles running firnware 3.60 with taiHEN/HENkaku. The main features of it are the ability to play PSP and PSX (with full sound) games but it also has many other features that make it the vastly superior over the normal PSP. These are is cool stuff you could do with Adrenaline:
- You can use custom screen filters (not only the official Sony one)
- You can do savestates
- You can run homebrew that requires 64MB of RAM
- You can use plugins (such as CXMB)
- You can easily update Adrenaline via Network Update in XMB as you would do on a normal PSP
- Many other features!
What’s been added/updated in 6.61 Adrenaline-5.1?
The following changes/bug fixes have been made:
- An option has been added in the Settings tab of the Adrenaline menu to skip the adrenaline boot logo.
- A message explaining the Original graphics filter better has been included. It reads “All graphics related options are not taking effect with the Original rendering mode”.
- A bug is fixed in which payloadx was not being updated which in turn caused some bugs
- Fixed the ‘20000006’ bug on the PSTV. PSTV users can now easily update Adrenaline via network update.
- The PSVita/PSTV’s CPU clock has been changed back to 333MHz from 444MHz when running Adrenaline which may save some battery life.
This update is highly recommended as it fixes some issues that might have affected some of you. Follow the links below to download and apply the update yourself if for some reason, you can’t do the normal way via the network update. You can also update via Adrenaline Easy Installer to make the process quicker. You can also change the version of your save states not to lose them.
GitHub page of the update (changelog + download link): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases/tag/v5.1
Adrenaline Easy Installer v1.15 (updated for Adrenaline-5.1): https://github.com/Freakler/vita-AdrenalineEasyInstaller/releases/tag/v1.15
Adrenaline States manager (useful for not losing your savestates): http://wololo.net/2017/06/03/adrenaline-states-manager-psvita-released-dont-lose-savestates-updating-newer-version-adrenaline/