Adrenaline Bubble Booter released! Boot PSP games directly from LiveArea on 3.60 with Adrenaline
The day has finally come! Thanks to Adrenaline Bubble Booter, you can now load PSP/PSX games and homebrew directly via LiveArea.
What’s Adrenaline Bubble Booter?
As the title suggests, it’s a passthrough that lets you have shortcuts (in the form of bubbles) from LiveArea to directly boot PSP/PSX games and homebrew. This is a feature that was available on some older firmwares with their ePSP hacks and with ARK Autoboot. Thanks to this plugin, you can get the superior PSP/PSX experience with Adrenaline which includes features such as extra screen filters, savestates and much much more. You can always exit to the PSPs XMB by pressing the PS button and pressing ‘Yes’ like Adrenaline. This doesn’t change the bubble’s appearance so you need fo take care of that yourself. This is simply a shortcut so you can use something like Bubble Studio to do that.
How do I get Adrenaline Bubble Booter on my system?
The process is pretty straightforward but you it’s recommended you read it at least twice to make sure you understand it properly
- First of all, download the RAR file from the link below
- Extract the RAR file and copy the whole ‘adrbblbooter’ to ux0: (your Vita’s main memory partition, will probably work with ur0)
- Add ‘ux0:adrbblbooter/adrbblbooter.suprx’ before the Adrenaline plugin in the config.txt section of the bubble you’re using for this
- (If want to bypass the Adrenaline start image, add ‘ux0:adrbblbooter/adrbblbooter_nostartdat.suprx’ instead of ‘ux0:adrbblbooter/adrbblbooter.suprx’)
- Now, reboot your device or reload the taiHEN config file via MolecularShell
- After that, go to ‘ux0:adrbblbooter/bubblesdb’
- Create a text file with the TITLEID of the PSP game you’re using as a passthrough. You must write in the TITLEID of the bubble on your Vita NOT of the game you wish to open.
- Open the text file (.txt) you created and write in the path to the ISO/CSO/PBP you wish to open via the passthrough. The path must be via ‘ms0:’ (from ux:pspemu) and not ‘ux0:’. This is an example: ‘ms0:/PSP/GAME/FILER/EBOOT.PBP’
- You’re done! Open the bubble and viola!
I confirm that this works as I tried it with a PSX game called Spyro. There are no issues with this plugin if the directory has spaces in between. Have fun with your new PSP custom bubbles! Report any issues to ‘Leecherman’ (aka LMAN). Obviously, you can start cloning bubble to get more shortcuts.
Adrenaline Bubble Booter (Instructions and download link at the bottom): https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/adrbubblebooter
Clone PSP bubbles the easy way (with QCMA): http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=40702