GTA Remastered Controls Patch v2 released for PSVita/PSTV
Somehow, GTA Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories got
ported to (Update: woops, these got not ported to the PSP, they were made and released for the PSP, then later on ported to other consoles) developed for the PSP back in the days. While that’s enough of a feat that was pulled off by the developers, the PSP lacks the right analogue stick which makes controls a tad annoying. Thanks to TheFlow, we can play GTA VCS/LCS on our Vita with better controls!
What’s the GTA Remastered Controls Patch?
GTA VCS/LCS are the only GTA games that you can play on the Vita directly so they obviously deserve this treatment. Thanks to this plugin by ‘TheFlow’, you can play GTA LCS/VCS on your Vita via Adrenaline with much better controls. Camera control is much easier with this plugin as you don’t need to fiddle around with only one analogue stick. GTA Remastered Controls really makes the PSVita the best way to enjoy GTA LCS/VCS on the go as iOS/Android devices aren’t really good to play GTA games on since touch controls aren’t really too adequate.
What changed in GTA Remastered Controls Patch v2?
This is the what changed:
- If you change invert look options in the menu, they’ll also affect the right analogue stick (that’s not found on the PSP)
- You can now press the L trigger while slow aiming as it didn’t work before because of a bug
- Flying planes and helicopters now work properly since before, the R trigger was used for both acceleration and rotation
After v2 was released, v2 fix was released which fixes compatibility issues with some regions of the GTA games. It’s recommended you do this update for the bug fixes.
How do I get it?
Obviously, you must have the GTA VCS/LCS PSP game on your PSVita with Adrenaline. Installation is pretty simple if you follow these steps:
- Copy the file ‘gta_remastered.prx’ (plugin) at “ux0:pspemu/seplugins/gta_remastered.prx” on your PSVita/PSTV
- Add “ms0:/seplugins/gta_remastered.prx 1” (without the inverted commas) to “ux0:pspemu/seplugins/game.txt”
- Open the game and enjoy!
As you can see, the procedure is exactly the same as to when you install a game plugin on the PSP. To get the plugin, just follow the link below. Report any issues to ‘TheFlow’ on GitHub or Twitter. Have fun playing GTA VCS/LCS on the go!
GitHub link (make sure to check the readme): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/GTA_Remastered
Direct download link: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/GTA_Remastered/blob/master/gta_remastered.prx