6.61 Adrenaline-5 for the PSVita released
Like Adrenaline-4.2, this is yet another minor update so think of it more of Adrenaline-4.3. It’s mostly a bug fix release but since it’s pretty easy to update via network update, you should still update 🙂
Adrenaline is probably the most popular hack on the PSVita by far. It allows you to do various things such as:
- Run PSP/PSX games with full sound
- Apply filters to the screen
- Do savestates
- Run homebrew, even homebrew that requires 64MB of RAM (Homebrew for the PSP Slim or newer)
- Use the full XMB (the PSP’s system UI)
- Update Adrenaline itself via the Network Update option in the Settings section of XMB
- Use Plugins
- Much more
What’s updated/changed in 6.61 Adrenaline-5?
This release brings about the following features/changes:
- An option called ”Hide DLC’s in game menu’ is now available in the Adrenaline menu
- The ‘Original’ graphics filter has been re-added as it caused some issues with PSX/PS1 games.
- An icon bug that was introduced with Adrenaline-4.2 has been addressed.
- An issue in which the framebuffer became corrupted after loading a savestate is now fixed.
- The Adrenaline icon is now hidden in the game menu.
As you may see, all the changes are relatively minor but bug fixes are still important. Thanks to networking updaitng, you can install 6.61 Adrenaline-5 really easy so a bug fix like this should be applied ASAP.
How do I get it?
As mentioned, the easiest way is via the network update option in XMB. If you don’t have Adrenaline installed or want to re-install it for some reason, you can use Adrenaline Easy Installer by ‘Freakler’ as it makes the process very simple even if you don’t have a PSP game/demo installed.
6.61 Adrenaline-5 changelog (+ download link for manual installation): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases/tag/v5
Adrenaline Easy Installer version 1.14: https://github.com/Freakler/vita-AdrenalineEasyInstaller/releases/tag/v1.14
NOTE: Savestates from an older version can’t be used after updating. This can be fixed by installing Adrenaline States Manager on your PSVita and changing the version to 5.0 (Major version 5, Minor version 0) as to preserve your save states. It’s recommended you do a proper save before updating to Adrenaline-5.