6.61 Adrenaline-4.2 released – ISO sorting with Game Categories Lite
Like Adrenaline v4.1, this is yet another minor update. That means that ‘TheFlow’ is still looking how to improve our user experience and since you can update via the network update, there’s really no reason not to update.
Adrenaline is probably the most popular hack that runs in taiHEN 3.60. Thanks to Adrenaline you may do the following on your hacked PSVita/PSTV:
- Play PSP games and homebrew
- Run homebrew that needs 64MB of RAM
- Use PSP plugins and the recovery menu
- Use the original PSP XMB with all the features
- Do savestates
- Apply screen filters to your games
- Use the right analogue stick if your the game you wish to play has a patch (Camera Patch Lite has a lot of patches)
- A lot of other features that make the Vita superior over the PSP.. at being a PSP
What’s changed/got updated in 6.61 Adrenaline-4.2?
The following bug fixes have been implemented:
- Support for sorting PSP ISO/CSO games with the ‘Game Categories Lite’ plugin. If you use this plugin, you can sort your PSP games into sections because before the only way to get ISOs to show up was the use the Uncategorised section.
- The English Patch for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep now works properly
This, obviously, is a relatively minor update but I suggest you update to get the latest bug fixes!
How do I get it?
You can use the Network system update function via XMB (like normal PSP updates). If you use this, you must do a new access point as dummy access points like Adrenaline 4.1 required don’t work anymore (for me at least). When you do a new access point, it works as it would normally on a PSP. If you’re installing it for the first time, I suggest using Adrenaline Easy Installer 1.13 which is updated for 6.61 Adrenaline-4.2. The image of this article has the CXMB plugin with the Ika Musume (Squid Girl) theme that is not included in Adrenaline!
Changelog + download link (for manual installation): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases/tag/v4.2
Adrenaline Easy Installer (requires system permissions so get it from a trusted source like this one): https://github.com/Freakler/vita-AdrenalineEasyInstaller/releases/tag/v1.13
N.B: If you use savestates, they’ll disappear when you update! You can fix this by installing Adrenaline States Manager (covered a few hours ago on Wololo) and changing the save state version. It should work well as it’s okay with Chrono Trigger.