RetroArch 1.6.0 – Released!

Joel16

Not much to say, but I'm a guy who's interested in modding/hacking portable consoles/devices.

1. N00b says:

any ideas to install this?

2. Cilvar says:

PS3 version only runs on DEX CFW then is it?

Never tried Retroarch on PS3. I run CEX though.

3. Smoker1 says:

Tried running the Windows Build. Virtual Boy runs great on it. Just wish RDragon Cheats could be used in it. But the Dreamcast Core of Reicast is slow. For now, best sticking with the old nullDC Emulator.

• Samsqwamch says:

Nice to hear. I’m hoping the Virtual Boy Emulator for the Vita is improved. Awesome none the less.

4. n64 hype says:

Still waiting for n64

• Adrien says:

Same here.

I had a lot of hope in the release of the VITA 3D library and the access to its graphic card.
      It sure isn’t small fry so I can’t develop it myself but dang, I was expecting so much from talented devs.

Any news regarding the use of VITA’s 3D capabilities ?
      N64 should be a breeze.

• Jack Attack says:

Emulators need CPU power more than GPU power for emulation. The Vita has an extremely small homebrew base compared to the PSP. Anything that takes a decent amount of effort, and N64/Dreamcast emulation does, won’t likely make any inroads to the Vita.

Since it shares many similarities to a mobile chipset you could see some ports from there, down the line, but even that isn’t trivial.

Basically, the only way N64 emulation is going to happen is if someone REALLY wants N64 emulation on their Vita. For the PSP it was about being a challenge of theory more than anything.

For the Vita it’s not about being a challenge but a simple timesink no one wants to waste on, but I wouldn’t write it off completely, just yet.

5. Binbo says:

Thanks for the article, Joel16. Looking forward to future updates.

6. Andrew says:

Great. But they didn’t address the missing touch input for the Vita. Some games require the shoulder buttons, in addition to the thumb sticks. I haven’t been able to get it to work.

7. Juniorpsvita says:

FBA/CPS3 …slow Sflll

8. Mestre de DEUS says:

Saturn emulator for Vita is a difficult task?(PS2 is a impossible task)

9. vitaemulationboy says:

No progress GXM fun graphics API PSvita? N64/Dream cast/Cps3 full speed. Equip LIBRETO HELP FOR XERPI, PLIS .
    Sorry my inglish.

10. What’s upp colleagues, pleasant paragraph аnd pleasant urging commented Һere,
    I am reаlly enjoying bу these.