6.61 Adrenaline 4.1 released!
It seems that ‘TheFlow’ simply can’t stop developing for our beloved console. Thanks to Adrenaline, FW 3.60 has become the superior firmware and this allows everyone to make the most of their PSVita. Adrenaline, probably his most mentioned release, has been updated to version 4.1.
Adrenaline is an eCFW that via taiHEN can do more amazing stuff than older eCFW hacks did. Apart from getting XMB, being able to play homebrew, PSP games and simply use your PSVita as a PSP, you can make use of various other features. These are the features that Adrenaline brings to the table:
- Screen filter support
- Savestate support (even works for PSX games)
- PSX support
- 64MB support
- Ability to use USB Mode to access ux0 via the PSP emulator
- Plugin support
- Ability to use the Vita’s right analogue stick with games if they have a plugin that enables this. Camera Patch Light has a whole slew of patches to make best use of the right analogue stick in PSP games
- Ability to update Adrenaline via the Network Update feature in XMB
- Much more (and more may come in the future since ‘TheFlow’ kinda doesn’t really like to stop developing for the Vita)
What’s been updated/changed in Adrenaline 4.1?
Adrenaline version 4.1 has the following changes:
- A bug was fixed in which the recovery menu wouldn’t open if you pressed the R trigger when you opened Adrenaline
- Fixed an issue with the memory card mounting routine to avoid some savedata corruption
- The incorrect scaling of some PSX games with the PSTV is corrected
As you may see, this is mostly a bug fix update but it’s recommended you update to it especially since it’s relatively easy now. Avoiding some savedata corruption is always a good idea in my books!
How do I get it?
You can do the following things to download the update from Adrenaline itself:
- Go to Network Update in XMB and then choose ‘Update via Internet’
- You will have to set up a connection if you haven’t already done that
- Follow the instructions on screen to update Adrenaline
If you haven’t already got Adrenaline on your system, it’s recommended you use ‘Freakler’s’ Adrenaline Easy Installer as it works relatively well. It has already been updated to accommodate v4.1
Further installation instructions and changelog: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/blob/master/readme.txt
Download link (can be used to update manually just in case something goes wrong): https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases/tag/v4.1
Adrenaline Easy Installer v1.11: https://github.com/Freakler/vita-AdrenalineEasyInstaller/releases/tag/v1.11