ShellBat plugin for PSVita released – Battery percentage in status bar

Aurora

I'm a girl that's liked technology from day 1. Mostly interested in the PSVita/PSP scene but I've always modded my stuff when it's possible, that is :)

1. Ember says:

Hi, no one can say it now. Please never again..

2. Tonbo says:

Thank you for the update, Wololo. Looking forward to further development Vita hacking scene.

The other day I got iMuto powerbank from Amazon uk, this thing is a beast with capacity of 30k mAh and still on sale for only £34.
    No exaggeration I charged a Vita 10 full times on it before it died.

• JulienKoenig says:

I give up. It’s like telling a wall not to stand in my way, it has no brain to do something else, and the same goes for you.

• Tonbo says:

Who is this Julien loser, and why does he want me to pis on his face so badly.

• JulienKoenig says:

I wonder: Would you still have such a big mouth if you wouldn’t be anonym?

• d4rk51d3 says:

You mean a purdy mouth.

• Paul says:

I wonder why wololo keep posting troll’s post without moderation (Tonbo), is he really in need for people saying THANKS WOLOLO, even if he doesn’t wrote the article? Really? I bet this post is going directly to the trash bin … thanks WOLOLO…

• JulienKoenig says:

@Paul I wonder that too, at least he could delete his offensive posts after he made it.
            But better would be, if every post from “Tonbo” would be looked at before posting…

• Tonbo says:

rofl @paul, yes moderate the phrase “thanks wololo” it is super offensive lmao, period boys are bleeding heavily today. julien is especially pathetic, he needs mods to look after my posts since he is always a little bich.

3. Huehuehuehuehue says:

Plot twist: Vita’s battery charge estimate sucks so much that their designers decided to hide the inaccuracy by not displaying percentage

• ZeroSbr says:

The thing is, it’s really hard to have a super accurate indicator, if not impossible. The system can’t predict which games you will play on it, and different games draw different amounts of power. There’s also a chance you won’t play a game at all and instead might use the device to listen to music, browse the internet, or watch a video, all of which take a different amount of battery power. It’s one of those things that’s either impossible to predict, or so hard to predict that the prediction will always be inaccurate.

• dave says:

It’s actually super simple.

We just base battery capacity off total voltage. Time left, is calculated by current draw. As long as the batteries are calibrated and all similar to each other, it’s a very accurate system.

• ZeroSbr says:

If it’s that simple, how come battery indicators are seldom accurate? I don’t buy the notion that it’s simple. Some games are more demanding than others, and thus will drain your battery more than others. You look at the percentage, then you pop in a different game and play for a few minutes, look at the percentage again and find that it drained 10-15% in that amount of time because the new game you popped in is much more resource intensive.

• sd says:

brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr hue

4. Sow Belly says:

I wish this would work for PSTV so we could tell how long before the fossil fuel runs out where I live.

5. JulienKoenig says:

Does this help to fix the “bug” where the vita say’s the battery is empty, and in reality has 50% or more?
    It’s pretty annoying, when I ignore it (because I know it’s not enpty), it sometimes even shout down. It can instantly be restartet, ’cause it was never near empty to begin with, but every multiplayer session has been disconnected. Pretty annoying on games like “Monster Hunter Freedom Unite” or “Soul Sacrifice Delta”…

• JulienKoenig says:

Autocorrect is pretty annoying too. 😉
      Even more if you have a german phone, and it doesn’t know many english words…