PS Vita: hardware hacker hints at upcoming MicroSD adapter

1. Aces says:

This is what I been waiting for.
    Good stuff

2. とんぼくそ says:

thanks wololo and RichDevX, be sure to thanks the devs too!

3. Lawthugg says:

Finally some good news. Would love for it to support the higher capacity cards. Imagine a 200 or 256gb card in the vita. Never again would i need a new card.

4. Paulo Domiquel says:

Finally its happening well still have PSTV but this is a big major to those handheld users time to end the overpriced memory card

5. ThankYou says:

Thank you for the update, Aurora. Looking forward to future updates.

6. Psxvita says:

slaps myself with a very large trout!

7. Ragnarok01 says:

Yeah i could pay up to 50 for the adapter easy

8. Huehuehuehuehue says:

*Laughs in Vitashell*

But native support memory is nice.

9. X-death says:

Thanks for his works.
    But it should not be sell at high price thé pcb is small so it s not expensive for manufacturer..

10. jeremymd says:

I’ve never felt the need for a memory card bigger than 8gb because I just regularly switch games from my computer through QCMA or VitaShell if I get bored.

• Natalie says:

You completely miss the point of a portable console lol We want to be able to take our Vitas on holiday and still have all of our games with us. If you’re going to be sat at home where you can easily swap them out with QCMA, then just sell the Vita and get a PS4 lol.

• nebu_187 says:

i use my vita, 3ds and psp at home in the couch mostly. 3ds= 128 gb, psp=128 gb and vita 64 gb. it has been more then a year since i had to hook up my devices on a computer to swap games i just love thez plug and play and the freedom to chose what i want when i want it whitout fuss. But hey everyone does it how they like it anyway 😀

• 1 says:

#jeremymd
      i agree, even though I am using a 32gb…

11. KiraSlith says:

as long as the software that handles the SD card’s end follows SD Association standards it should be compatible with uSD cards far into the future. My oldest standardized card reader was a cheap POS that came free with a first-generation R4 I ordered back in the day and it still reads the newest UHC cards, including the 500gb I sank a lot of money into. so as long as that end of the functionality remains the same we’ll be able to use the adapter board long after 1TB uSD cards come out.

12. Dmaskell92 says:

I can’t wait for China to copy this. Then it will be super cheap.

13. Tonbo says:

Thank you for the update, Wololo. Looking forward to future updates.

I wish one day we live in a world where you don’t have to live constant fear of sudden death of expensive af memory cards.
    If my 64GB died I would probably not use my Vita anymore.

Good luck with manufacturing and marketing and all that, excited to see the finished product, good work RichDevX.

14. reaver anonymous says:

if the psvita format error code C4-10278-8 is fixed with this cartridge, then everything is fine.

15. SilicaAndPina says:

Even if it was 100$ i would still buy it.. — with 500MB Remaining on my 64GB..

16. Jenifer Cappello says:

Too late, I bought a GPD XD and I’m selling the Vita. Goodbye Vita.

17. Alpmaster says:

I want a psvita card multi cart lol

18. Xyrem says:

I’ve been waiting for positive results to come out since the first articles about his works, I’m happy to read his PoC may be manufactured 😀
    I almost lost myself at buying vita memcards last month, thanks god I didn’t.

19. wailam says:

Holy RichDevX. This is what we all waiting for. Finally an end to Sony Vita stupid-expensive-proprietary memory card. I will still buy it even if its out of my country region.

20. Adelino660 says:

Just pulled the trigger for a 32gb for around 52 bucks on amazon.jp for my 2nd Vita (around the same price for the possible adapter).

Def will spend the 50 for the upcoming adapter; if they can get it manufactured.

21. Caio says:

Does the price include the lawyer fees for when he inevitably gets​ sued by Sony?

22. jeb bush says:

Super excited for this, only have a 16 GB card from two or three years ago and that is not enough at all. Holding off splurging on a 64gb in hopes that he’s able to this out to market soon

23. Natalie says:

Even if you pay $100 for this, it’s still worth it since you can get a 128GB SD card for $60 whereas a 2x 64GB Vita cards would be $200+

24. sfa2miki says:

A great work!… thanks guys…

25. Jack Attack says:

256GB or more support would be the dream. I see no technical reason why it wouldn’t be supported, but it might take a bit longer to get the software side of things to accept larger than 64GB cards. Which I’m fine with if we get there.

All my legit PSN games take up more space than 128GBs, to say nothing of what else I’d like on there PS1/PSP-wise.

26. Salar says:

Finalllly YES
    What i was waiting for 😀
    I Hope it will support bigger storage card 😀

27. pia says:

CHILE micros sd adapter pleasee 128 gb cool

28. ionsin says:

May SONY Vita Memory Card go to heck !

29. Aurizen says:

So suppose its true. Would this mean sony will drop the price of their memory card significantly?

• Tonbo says:

Lol, what kind of logic is that.

Yeah games should also get discounted since the console is hacked and can play them for free rofl.

30. SilkyJoe says:

These two guyz (Yifan and Dumbator) are working on USB and SD adapter for 3G Vita. I would rather have native internal reader and use code from the Flow for mount, than some type of translate of comunication.

31. vasya says:

very good. speed up development, i want buy this adapter on ALI

32. KiraSlith says:

Should be useful far into the future as long as the SD card end is at least somewhat standard it should be fine. the card reader that came with my first flash card back in the early DS days still works with the latest cards.

33. KSP says:

Sony can easily just lower the price across the board on their official memory and kill this thing.
    Safe to say Sony spends pennies on the dollar to manufacture these things.
    They can afford massive mark downs.

34. Yeah says:

Its amazing how this website is against game piracy, and yet it supports hardware piracy?! Whats the difference anyway…