Vita Homebrew Browser (VHBB) 0.8 released- Various improvements
Developer ‘devnoname120’ updated Vita Homebrew Browser to 0.8 up from 0.7 that was published for GekiHEN as the absolute last entry. We can safely say that GekiHEN ended on a very good note as Vita Homebrew Browser got the most votes in the GekiHEN utility/hack section.
What’s Vita Homebrew Browser?
It’s a piece of software for taiHEN Vitas that takes the annoyance out of installing (and discovering) new software. Thanks to this homebrew, gone are the days in which you browsed the internet looking for homebrew and had to manually install it. That process involved another device (for FTP or USB access) and having to install a VPK which is much more tedious than a simple tap on an ‘Install’ button. Thanks to this homebrew, you can install (and read about) any homebrew in VitaDB. It’s important to note that the maintainer of VitaDB (the homebrew source for Vita Homebrew Browser) isn’t the same as the creator of this homebrew! Rinnegatamante is the owner and maintainer of VitaDB so issues with the service itself should be reported to him.
What changed/got updated in VHBB 0.8?
The changelog is summed up down here:
- Homebrew that need extra data files are now supported and may be installed
- Installation process is more bug free
- The download dialogue got some improved graphics
- À la Google Play and the iOS app store, installed apps now have an ‘Open’ button when viewed in VHBB.
- Now, nobody’s going to steal your homebrew requests as the app uses SSL 😉
- An issue with install VHBB from itself was fixed
- Various bug fixes and improvements (Improved homebrew stability ®)
As you may see, the update makes one of the most well-known homebrew even better. Getting it is quite easy too.
How do I get it?
Bug fixes and the ability to install homebrew requiring data files makes it all the more usable. Make sure to update to the latest version to get all the features! Updating is simple, simply redownload VHBB from VHBB itself or install the VPK linked below.
GitHub link wifh full changelog: https://github.com/devnoname120/vhbb/releases/tag/0.8
VHBB means Vita Homebrew Browser