Adrenaline-2 released! (PSVita – ePSP Custom Firmware)
Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. It’s April now but I think it’s much better to have a more complete and bug free version than a buggy update! Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell.
Adrenaline is a hack via a Custom IPL to be able to use your Vita as a PSP so it’s an ePSP hack. ePSP hacks have been pretty popular throughout the Vita’s lifetime especially before HenKAKU was released. The internal PSP emulator allows us to play all PSP games, run PSP homebrew and do other stuff. VHBL, unlike ePSP hacks, only allows *some* PSP homebrew. Without a doubt, Adrenaline is an awesome piece of software because it seriously enchances the built-in PSP emulator on the Vita. ARK is another ePSP hack but it doesn’t have extra features, such as custom filters, but can run on 3.61 and 3.63. Adrenaline-2 requires taiHEN of course!
What changed/got updated?
Adrenaline-2 brings some very notable changes such as:
- Allowing you to use 64MB in homebrews (PSP 2000+ homebrews can now be run)
- Letting you use ur0 as the memory stick (ur0 is found on all Vita models even the FAT (1000/1k) ). Beware when using it as nobody has confirmed if long term usage of ur0 is SAFE.
- An advanced AA was added
- You can change scren size
- You may change the way how smooth graphics work
- The sound issue in “MotorStorm” and some other games has been fixed
- ms0:/PICTURE and ms0:/PICTURE are now seen by XMB so say hello to custom wallpapers
- Changing settings in official settings now has effects
- Files for Adrenaline should now be placed in ux0:/adrenaline not ux0:/pspemu/Adrenaline
Of course, you can still use plugins, VSHMenu and all stuff that worked in the previous version of Adrenaline! Installation instructions are in the official GitHub gist release page below! Make sure you properly read the instructions and report any issues to TheFlow. PSX support is still not there so don’t bug TheFlow about it.. use the PSX core in RetroArch or use ARK without sound! Right stick analogue patches still work of course 🙂
GitHub Gist link: https://gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0a9a98bce6acd3033865721c80fd5a80
Direct Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wxa1vmg4v2c9qdd/adrenaline_v2.zip