VitaPad++ released – GekiHen contest
The GekiHEN contest has almost come to an end after being extended by a few weeks last January. The postponing of the end date from January 27th to March 19th has brought along a lot of awesome homebrew, including various games, that’s made our PSVita more useful! VitaPad++ is one of the last entries and it’s by developer “Arkanite”.
As some of you more techy people may already thought, it’s meant to be a word play on the popular PC software “NotePad++”. This homebrew is a very robust text editor that also allows you to write code in it so it’s an IDE in an indirect fashion. It includes the following features:
- A simple to use touch interface
- Ability to edit and save documents (duh)
- A simple file manager to open files with
- Ability to have a Status HUD
- Various options to tweak your experience (some are not finished yet!)
- An included readme file that gives you detailed instructions
- A different keyboard that you will be able to theme in future releases
It’s quite important to note that this software is not yet finished and not all features work yet (such as the search function).
What’s planned? How do I get it?
Various features are planned such as a Search function, style changer and much much more. You can read all about the promised features in the readme file which is opened automatically on the first run. To get it, simply download the VPK and install it on your device via VitaShell (it requires unsafe access so only get it from a trusted source).
GekiHEN link: http://gekihen.customprotocol.com/en/project/VitaPad-