PSTV whitelisting patch on 3.63 – QCMA backup install

Aurora

I'm a girl that's liked technology from day 1. Mostly interested in the PSVita/PSP scene but I've always modded my stuff when it's possible, that is :)

1. DarkElementPL says:

It’s nice, but every new PSTV you buy will have <3.60 xD

• nightwishfan1 says:

The PSTV has been discontinued for some time now. You’re not gonna find a brand new one with 3.60 installed. 3.60 came way after it’s discontinuation lol.

• Will says:

True. But there are those that might have updated before they thought about hacking it. And while Henkaku is better, the one hack every PSTV needs is a whitelist hack.

• Pacheko17 says:

I just bought a PSTV sealed in the box, it’s in 3.20.

Guess I got lucky, unfortunately I can’t use Netflix because I’ll be on 3.60 🙁

2. Darko says:

This is really a great news for all those on a higher firmware…
    I bought a PSTV to enjoy games on a big screen, whitelist gives you access to nearly all titels (except for Tearaway and similar) it feels like having a micro PS3.

I hope the Flow release the new VitaShell soon, can’t wait to get access to USB storage on PSTV; this will transform PSTV into the ultimate microconsole. (who needs a micro NES when you can get much much more!!)

3. Natalie says:

Just bought a PS Vita TV from ebay. my only hope is that it’ll be on a lower firmware so I can hack it and update my vita slim. I have games that I want to play and I cant because of that stupid firmware lock feature

• Jesse says:

You should sell the hackable slim then and buy a used one already on 3.61+. The hacked one will be worth more, so you’re losing resale value simply by updating.

4. Leo says:

Wake me up when we can mount external storage to the pstv

5. vijr says:

Can anyone know, that hyroscope works on DS4 PsVitaTV or not?

• HerbalNekoTea says:

Nope, the gyroscope don’t work on ds3 or ds4, tried Senran Kagura Shinobie Versus and Uncharted. Camera’s impossible to work and you can connect a bluetooth device for the micro emulation like the lg tone headphone for getting the micro to work ingame for the gimmick.

• J says:

No. Touchpad works, but no gyro support.

6. THe-Zeth says:

Im a grillll

7. Moor-Angol says:

Nice to hear people still working on Vita TV 🙂
    I have a question : there is a chance we can see in the future the USB port “unlocked” ? For example, not only for USB HDD support, but also for fighting sticks.
    Considering emulators, indies and some 2D games on Vita (who said Darius Burst? 🙂 ), a fighting stick would be a god-gift…

8. Sorry but I followed the steps and my PS TV doesn’t recognize the backup to restore it once I copy the files (*.psvimg, *.psvinf and *.psvmd) from the output folder. This is my first time with this and I don’t know what’s the problem.

9. BzzLyrr says:

So I’m just super confused with the terminal step, like I know it says to put in ‘psvimg-extract -K [Key] [FileName].psvimg [Output-Dir]’ but obviously that’s not quite complete is it? Which parts do we replace with our own info, do we get rid of spaces, etc.? I’ve never used terminal so no idea what I’m doing, if someone could just copy and paste the exact input they got to work I might be able to work it out, but this as it’s written down here is no good to me. It would be much appreciated 🙂

10. I just like the helpful info you supply for your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again right here frequently.

I am relatively certain I will learn a lot of new stuff proper here!
    Good luck for the next!