The Fruit of Grisaia English Translation Patch Released!
The Fruit of Grisaia, a visual novel for the PSVita and other platforms, has finally been translated to English! This game was released in August 2013 in Japanese and it’s been translated (well, a patch was done to use the English trasnlation) by the community to English.
Cool! What exactly is it and how to install it?
The English language patch is based upon the Steam version of the same game that was released for the PC in May 2015. As the games share some code when it comes to translation, it’s been possible to use those for the Vita patch. It’s fairly easy for anybody to install provided you have the following:
- A Windows computer (or access to one)
- A PSVita on 3.60 (with taiHEN)
- The Japanese version of the game
If you have those, you’re good to go! These are the instructions:
- Unzip archive into a folder.
- Put your original eboot.bin (from ux0:/app/PCSG000206) and SCRIPT.PAK into the folder with the patch
- Execute patch.bat
- Copy resulting eboot.bin and SCRIPT.PAK to directory ux0:/app/PCSG000206/ via FTP or USB (Vitashell)
- Run the game and have fun!
As you can see, installing the patch is quite a quick process. The developer of this patch has said that they plan to release a restoration patch to unlock censored content soon.
It’s very important to note that the actual translation was done by Frontwing and Sekai Project. Thanks to user ‘MrComputerRevo’ of GBATemp forums, we can enjoy the game in English as he did the patch NOT the translation.
Have fun playing ‘The Fruit of Grisaia’ on your Vita in a language you can understand!