VitaMote for Android released – Control your Android device with your PSVita
Decent controllers might set you back $30-$50 so you this might be good news for you (it certainly is for me). Now, you can use VitaPad with an Android device and use your Vita as a game controller! Thanks to developer “SonryP”
VitaMote is a piece of software that works on Android devices that allows you to use your Vita as a controller. You need the following stuff to use it:
- An Android device that’s on Android 4.1+ (Duh)
- A PSVita on 3.60 (and taiHEN) with Rinnegatamante’s VitaPad
- Some common sense is recommended
This homebrew seems to work by mapping PSVita buttons to keyboard keys. The SELECT and START keys are mapped as BACK and CENTER on Android respectively. The software is still in Alpha stage and the developer has said that he plans to add analogue stick support in a future release according to his post on Reddit.
Where can I get it and how does it work?
You must follow these instructions to install it:
- Install VitaPad on your Vita
- Install VitaMote on your Android devices (you must have unstrusted sources enabled to install the APK)
- Open the VitaMote app and input in your Vita’s IP as per VitaPad
- Go to the Settings app on your Android device and enable the VitaMote IME
- Change the keyboard to VitaMote IME on your Android, make sure your Vita is connected to Wifi. Just close VitaPad and toggle the keyboard again if it doesn’t work the first time around.
It’s important to note that you need to be on the same WiFi network for this to work. I have personally tested this on a 2012 Nexus 7 on Android 7.1.1 and it works without any issues. Playing Sonic on a Genesis emulator works perfectly! Keep in mind that this is an alpha release and make sure you report any bugs you encounter! Please don’t bug the developer tho!
VitaMote link: https://github.com/SonryP/VitaMote/releases
VitaPad link: http://rinnegatamante.it/VitaPad11.rarsee here.