UAE4All Mod v1.39 released, fixes savestates and sound issues
After I published the article about UAE4All Mod 1.36 yesterday, I decided it was about time I beat the game Portal that I had spoken of in one of my GekiHEN Wishlist articles. To my shock, I realized that both normal saves and save-states were not working. I decided to contact the developer over this issue to see if it was a failure on my part or a bug and turns out part of it was a bug.
Developer rsn8887 has already pushed three more updates to UAE4All and among them is a fix to the savestates issue that I, and probably other people, was having. Among the other stuff that got fixed in these updates is the sound capabilities of the emulator. So if you were having issues with the sound in the games you’ve been playing, these updates might help in fixing that.
What is UAE4All Mod?
UAE4All is a popular emulator of the Amiga 500/1200 computer that has been ported to many platforms from the PC to the Dreamcast and Pandora. It was ported for us PS Vita users by developer cpajuste of ScummVM Vita fame. The emulator is fully featured and runs fullspeed and is the better alternative to the old PSPUAE emulator that you could run on the Vita’s PSP emulator. This mod version has been developed by rsn8887 and is based on cpajuste‘s source and it improves the emulator greatly in all areas you could wish for.
Changelog for UAE4All Mod v1.39
- fix sound setting changes not being applied until reboot
- fix sound distortion for stereo separation settings 0% and 25%
- added stereo separation setting to select between 0 (mono) 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% (stereo, default, original Amiga sound)
- added the blitter options ‘normal, immediate, and improved’ default is ‘normal.’ Might help with some games
- some fixes to savestates. Now savestates work even with no disk inserted in df0. Savestate file name is now the first available name among df0, boot-hd, hdf2, hdf3, hdf4, df1, df2, df3.
Instructions for UAE4All
- Install vpk
- Copy Amiga kickstart 1.3 and 3.1 roms (BIOS files) into the ux0:/data/uae4all/kickstarts and rename them kick13.rom and kick31.rom respectively (Google the files, they are relatively easy to find)
- Put disks (adf) in “ux0:/data/uae4all/roms”
Select = toggle menu
Start+Select = toggle virtual keyboard (hold start then press select)
Start+dpad up/down = move screen up down or move virtual keyboard up and down when active
Start+dpad left/right = change screenmode (to zoom in on games with borders)
Right analog stick = analog mouse (can switch this to left in menu)
Left analog stick = acts as amiga joystick
Dpad = acts as amiga joystick
When custom controls are off:
Square = joystick button autofire (can be customized)
X = joystick button (can be customized)
R+Square = CTRL
R+Circle = LALT
R+Cross = HELP
L+Square = left mouse
L+Circle = right mouse
R+dpad = arrow keys
When custom mouse controls are on:
Dpad = digital mouse
Triangle = slow mouse down
Thanks to Cpasjuste for the original port and jumping in to add shader support
Thanks to ScHlAuChi for extensive testing and for a new virtual keyboard image and ideas.
Download UAE4All Mod
To download the UAE4Aall Mod, just head over to either rsn8887‘s GitHub release page or his thread on the wololo.net forums. If you wish to leave him feedback or suggestions you can do so in the release thread. To download the vpk directly, you can do so by clicking here.