PKSM v4.0 finally released, all changes detailed
Not too long ago I wrote about the Alpha release of the brand new and improved PKSM. At the time, developer BernardoGiordano hadn’t finished working on the application yet. According to him there was a ton of stuff to be added yet that would only be available in the final release… and here it is!
The new feature-set is available for you to check out below, but I would point out that the revamped editor is the star of the show. It is very complete and allows you to change virtually anything about your Pokémon. The feature I want and need is only the Pokémon Bank however and I’m glad that the developer gave it some love as well.
What is PKSM?
PKSM (formerly known as EventAssistant) is a tool developed by BernardoGiordano that serves many purposes. It can store your Pokémon offline (like Pokémon Bank but free), edit your saved games, inject wondercards among a few others. It supports most Pokémon games on both the DS and 3DS – so that’s from HeartGold/SoulSilver to Sun/Moon. It has recently seen a major update to version v4.0 which features a brand new user-friendly GUI.
Changelog for v4.0.0
- Completely redesigned GUI, courtesy off @dsoldier. It’s inspired on how SM looks. We tried to make it more easy-to-use and beautiful as possible, and added tons of animations, from sprites to pointers. Also backgrounds are animated, in most of the app functions.
- New bank mechanism, more beautiful and easy-to-use compared to the one in 3.1.2.
- Added: releasing a single element from the bank.
- Added: dex is filled when exiting from bank (optional). It currently works for SM only.
- Brand new editor:
- Consts of 7/8 different screens that allows you to edit the most important datas of your pokemon.
- Added: additional submenu with 5 different options, before the real editor.
- Added: team editing and cloning.
- Added: pokemon generation (it takes the generated element from the app’s built-in database). You can trigger it while being in the submenu (it will overwrite your selected element), or pressing A in a blank spot, to generate a brand new element.
- Added: ball editor.
- Added: gender editor.
- Added: OT Name editor.
- Wondercards updated to 22/12/2016.
- Mass injector:
- Added: living dex updated to gen7.
- Added: dex is filled when exiting from the mass injector (optional). It currently works for SM only.
- Current, wifi, local and powersaves distributions dates.
- Few options in the info editor.
- Built-in updater now install the downloaded build, too.
- If you installed the Alpha you should remove additional assets from the /3ds/data/PKSM/additionalassets/ folder first.
- Download and install the latest release
- When booted, the application will download automatically the required additional assets to work.
- Run the new and improved PKSM!
Note: If you’re using Homebrew Launcher and you don’t have the latest firmware on your console, you may want to use ctr-httpwn to get internet access and let the application download everything correctly. If you can’t still download them through the application, you can put them manually in the SD card, putting the additionalassets folder in your SD card, located at
/3ds/data/PKSM/. To avoid troubles, the final result should be a folder filled with assets, located at /3ds/data/PKSM/additionalassets/.
- @dsoldier for the gorgeous graphic work
- Smealum for ctrulib, Xerpi for sf2d
- Kaphotics for PKHeX and being an awesome guy
- SciresM for C-memecrypto, you rock man
- J-K-D for direct save import/export and being awesome
- Slashcash for PCHex++ and Strackeror for PCHex
- Gocario for PKBrew
- TuxSH for TWLSaveTool
- MarcusD for romfs support
- Nba_Yoh for received flags fix
- Hamcha for cybertrust.h and digicert.h
- PPorg for most of wc6/wc7 included here
- Simona, Carlo, Matteo for fill.c work
- Shai, Federico, YodaDaCoda, /u/SatansRoommate for tests
- Alex, Immersion, Hat3Mond4ys, sgtkwol for descriptions
- Paul, Kian for a few wc6
- Majickhat55 for few collections and descriptions
- Poutros for N’s collection
To get your hands on the latest version of PKSM, just go to the developer’s GitHub and download it from there. If you wish to leave the developer feedback or suggestions as he asked just do so in the official thread for this homebrew. To directly download this latest version of PKSM, just click here.