Heads up: 1 Year Playstation Plus Code $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon again (as of 11/20/2017, 2pm, JST)

A trip down homebrew lane – DosBox PSP

Aurora

I’m a girl that’s liked technology from day 1. Mostly interested in the PSVita/PSP scene but I’ve always modded my stuff when it’s possible, that is :)

Contact me via DM at @KawaiiAuroraA on Twitter if you have any questions/concerns about my articles or if you have any article requests.

1. redblade67 says:

A very interesting read. I would assume it would run better on vita because of the upgrade hardware but not sure if that’s the case. Overall a great emulator and great read.

2. d4rk51d3 says:

Funny, I had a PSP from day one, and never saw dosbox.

3. steve says:

i wonder… can ps vita support decently, windows XP? man oh man the games on that OS, even at 20fps id take it.
    Cant wait till vita gets more fully hacked.

• Aurora says:

I doubt that the Vita will be able to decently support XP as not even Android devices do. The best it could do would probably be a decent version of DosBox that would allow you to run *some* Win9x games.

• Salar says:

Well its not that simple , first off there is something called as CPU Architecture , as far as i know , windows xp cant support ARM architecture but windows Mobile can , but as u know linux can run on phone so i think some kinda distrbute of linux can run on Vita too , maybe Steam OS….. 😀 Who knows

• Aurora says:

While they’re both of the same architecture, the PSVita is still very different. The lowest level of the PSVita’s security is still not hacked (F00D) so you can forget running another OS natively for the time being. That being said, even if the lowest level gets hacked, it would be very hard to write drivers for the PSVita as documentation is pretty scarce. It’s theoretically possible to run Android/Linux on it but simply not feasible.

4. ManekiNeko says:

What’s the cut-off point for games on this emulator? I’d be interested in trying this if only to kick the tires of some old homebrews I wrote, but I’d hope that it could at least handle 386 games. Also, would there be a way to set up a batch file so it jumps straight to the game you want to play, rather than having to fiddle around in DOS?

5. cnm says:

i enter the dos window in my vita with Adrenaline , it do nothing whatever i push any button , and bebfore these i already rewrite the cfg file!! So, don’t post it before u test it !!! wasting my time!!!