UAE4All v1.33 released, huge changelog since v1.26
Developer rsn8887 has been on top of his game lately and does not stop making his UAE4ALL Mod better and better. Since the last release of this homebrew, it went from v1.26 to v1.33! Even if you try to keep up, it becomes hard when he keeps pushing updates almost daily. At this point he might as well include an auto-update function because he’s doing great work!
Among all the changes in this jump to v1.33, there are a lot of keyboard related changes and the addition of switchable configs for custom controller mapping. There are other changes but it’s all documented and I don’t need to go over all of them here. All in all, the good just got better and if you use UAE4All you should definitely check this out!
What is UAE4All Mod?
UAE4All is a popular emulator of the Amiga 500/1200 computer that has been ported to many platforms from the PC to the Dreamcast and Pandora. It was ported for us PS Vita users by developer cpajuste of ScummVM Vita fame. The emulator is fully featured and runs fullspeed and is the better alternative to the old PSPUAE emulator that you could run on the Vita’s PSP emulator. This mod version has been developed by rsn8887 and is based on cpajuste‘s source and it improves the emulator greatly in all areas you could wish for.
Changelog for UAE4All Mod v1.33
- implemented three fully mappable custom configs, configurable in controls menu. Quick switch between them using “L+Start”
- allow the “other joystick” to be mapped in custom controls to the Dpad or any buttons. This only works if ports is not set to “both”. Works great for Llamatron in dual joystick mode!
- virtual keyboard transparency adjust now toggles between four values, two of which cause zero slow-down when keyboard is displayed.
- resolution/zoom quick switch with R+Start+Dpad left/right is now more responsive
- Allow menu quit from within sub-menus using ‘select’
- updated autocentering of analog sticks so that both sticks are always auto-centered, not just the one that controls the mouse
- Changed controls. The virtual keyboard is too useful to put it on an obscure combo. Start Button now toggles the virtual keyboard. When keyboard is active, right analog stick then controls the keyboard’s vertical position and transparency. When keyboard is off, use R+Start+Dpad to move screen up and down and to quick switch between common resolutions. This used to be just Start+Dpad. Now it is R+Start+Dpad.
- bugfix: the virtual keyboard sometimes sent joystick button presses to the emulator when selecting keys. This has been fixed.
- virtual keyboard hotkeys added, square = backspace, triangle = toggle shift
- virtual keyboard controls are now more responsive
Instructions for UAE4All
- Install vpk
- Copy Amiga kickstart 1.3 and 3.1 roms (BIOS files) into the ux0:/data/uae4all/kickstarts and rename them kick13.rom and kick31.rom respectively (Google the files, they are relatively easy to find)
- Put disks (adf) in “ux0:/data/uae4all/roms”
Select = toggle menu
Start+Select = toggle virtual keyboard (hold start then press select)
Start+dpad up/down = move screen up down or move virtual keyboard up and down when active
Start+dpad left/right = change screenmode (to zoom in on games with borders)
Right analog stick = analog mouse (can switch this to left in menu)
Left analog stick = acts as amiga joystick
Dpad = acts as amiga joystick
When custom controls are off:
Square = joystick button autofire (can be customized)
X = joystick button (can be customized)
R+Square = CTRL
R+Circle = LALT
R+Cross = HELP
L+Square = left mouse
L+Circle = right mouse
R+dpad = arrow keys
When custom mouse controls are on:
Dpad = digital mouse
Triangle = slow mouse down
Thanks to Cpasjuste for the original port and jumping in to add shader support
Thanks to ScHlAuChi for extensive testing and for a new virtual keyboard image and ideas.
Download UAE4All Mod
To download the UAE4Aall Mod, just head over to either rsn8887‘s GitHub release page or his thread on the wololo.net forums. If you wish to leave him feedback or suggestions you can do so in the release thread. To download the vpk directly, you can do so by clicking here.