PKSM 4.0 alpha, new and improved UI for a better experience
Not too long after I wrote the article on PKSM 3.1.2, I noticed that developer BernardoGiordano took down most of the releases from his GitHub letting only the latest available and put a notice saying that he was reworking PKSM from scratch and there was no ETA on a new release.
Not even a month has passed and we can already see the results of his hardwork! PKSM 4.0 Alpha has been released as a sneak peek preview of the upcoming official release. It now features an actual updater, a better Pokébank the developer himself asks us to try without going much about it and actual animations! BernardoGiordano also says that this entire rewrite of PKSM has all been to create a better experience with a revamped UI. The installation itself now requires a few extra steps that we’ll cover in its appropriate section.
What is PKSM?
PKSM (formerly known as EventAssistant) is a tool developed by BernardoGiordano that serves many purposes. It can store your Pokémon offline (like Pokémon Bank but free), edit your saved games, inject wondercards among a few others. It supports most Pokémon games on both the DS and 3DS – so that’s from HeartGold/SoulSilver to Sun/Moon.
Changelog for v4.0.0 Alpha
- New offline bank. I’ll not say anything on it, just try it and let me know!
- Automatic dex filling for SM (XYORAS not yet added). Pretty much adapted from PKHeX code, so thanks Kaphotics and SciresM. I tested this only once, it worked for me but let me know if it has unespected behaviours or doesn’t work correctly for you. I left dex filling optional, so you can use it or not at least for now.
- Built in updater now installs the build and not downloads it only like in the old builds.
- Animations. Yeah it’s only a pleasure for the eye, but I actually like them
- Download and install the latest release
- You will need also external additional spritesheets to fully enjoy the graphics. You can download a third party additional assets pack (not provided by me) here. Pictures in the zip file have to be extracted into the SD card in /3ds/data/PKSM/additionalassets/
- Run the new and improved PKSM!
- Editor (of course)
- Save editor
- Mass Injector
- Dex function (very simple, don’t expect nothing big from this)
Suggestions and advices are welcome.
- @dsoldier for the gorgeous graphic work
- Smealum for ctrulib, Xerpi for sf2d
- Kaphotics for PKHeX and being an awesome guy
- SciresM for C-memecrypto, you rock man
- J-K-D for direct save import/export and being awesome
- Slashcash for PCHex++ and Strackeror for PCHex
- Gocario for PKBrew
- TuxSH for TWLSaveTool
- MarcusD for romfs support
- Nba_Yoh for received flags fix
- Hamcha for cybertrust.h and digicert.h
- PPorg for most of wc6/wc7 included here
- Simona, Carlo, Matteo for fill.c work
- Shai, Federico, YodaDaCoda, /u/SatansRoommate for tests
- Alex, Immersion, Hat3Mond4ys, sgtkwol for descriptions
- Paul, Kian for a few wc6
- Majickhat55 for few collections and descriptions
- Poutros for N’s collection
To get your hands on the latest version of PKSM, just go to the developer’s GitHub and download it from there. If you wish to leave the developer feedback or suggestions as he asked just do so in the official thread for this homebrew. If you prefer to keep using PKSM 3.1.2 for now, BernardoGiordano has made it available for download here. To directly download this latest version of PKSM, just click here.