UAE4All Mod v1.23 for Vita released, picks up where the original left off
You might remember that some time back, developer cpajuste released one his entries into the GekiHEN contest which just so happened to be a fully working Amiga emulator which I had talked about in one of my GekiHEN wishlist articles. However, after some time, no updates were being pushed so I feared the emulator would stay the way it was, with no further improvements. However this where developer rsn8887 comes in with his UAE4All Mod!
This mod builds on the original source by cpajuste and further improves and tweaks the experience of using UAE4All: new and improved control scheme, disabling useless menus, better mouse support and a crisper looking emulation are all in this need little package. Kudos to rsn8887 for such great work, but I’d appreciate it if he could mod a keyboard into the emulator so I can finally play Portal!
What is UAE4All Mod?
UAE4All is a popular emulator of the Amiga 500/1200 computer that has been ported to many platforms from the PC to the Dreamcast and Pandora. It was ported for us PS Vita users by developer cpajuste of ScummVM Vita fame. The emulator is fully featured and runs fullspeed and is the better alternative to the old PSPUAE emulator that you could run on the Vita’s PSP emulator. This mod version has been developed by rsn8887 and is based on cpajuste‘s source and it improves the emulator greatly in all areas you could wish for.
Changelog for UAE4All Mod v1.23
- added analog joystick deadzone setting
- implemented autocentering to fix mouse pointer drift on some Vitas. Centering happens on program start and whenever the menu is opened
- START+DPAD left/right for quick switching between different zoomed screenmodes, useful for games like Chaos Engine. Use START+DPAD up/down to center screen after quick switching.
- fixed broken analog mouse control dead zone and improved mouse analog sensitivity
- moved shader config to display menu
- added analog mouse support with menu option to choose left or right stick for mouse control
- new menu items in misc menu: shader choice (default: sharp_bilinear_simple) choice which analog stick to use for mouse
- disabled broken gp2x stylus mode and mouse emu mode
- L/R are mouse buttons now
- screen movement switched from L+R+DPAD to START+DPAD
- START does not switch input modes anymore (mouse is always enabled)
- updated Readme.txt with new Vita control scheme
- fixed misc menu entries for shader and analog mouse
- custom controls menu is now more snappy
Instructions for UAE4All
- Install vpk
- Copy Amiga kickstart 1.3 and 3.1 roms (BIOS files) into the ux0:/data/uae4all/kickstarts and rename them kick13.rom and kick31.rom respectively (Google the files, they are relatively easy to find)
- Put disks (adf) in “ux0:/data/uae4all/roms”
R+Square = CTRL
R+Circle = LALT
R+Cross = HELP
L+Square = left mouse
L+Circle = right mouse
R+dpad = arrow keys
When custom mouse controls are on:
Dpad = digital mouse
Triangle = slow mouse down
cpajuste for the original port of UAE4All
Download UAE4All Mod
To download the UAE4Aall Mod, just head over to either rsn8887‘s GitHub release page or his thread on the wololo.net forums. If you wish to leave him feedback or suggestions you can do so in the release thread. If you prefer to download the vpk directly, you can do so by clicking here.