SwitchKaku 1.05 released, fixes file paths
For all the advantages that HENkaku/taiHENkaku brings, there is one thing that the 3DS does better than the Vita: I have to be online every time I want to activate the Homebrew enabler/CFW. This is where SwitchKaku comes in handy and why I’m glad developer luck keeps updating it to the best of his ability.
This latest update is just a minor fix that adjusts file paths relating to the files that SwitchKaku deals with. There was an error in the way the file paths were coded but that was quickly fixed as soon as forum user Yoti pointed it out to the developer.
What is SwitchKaku?
Changelog for v1.05
- Adjust file paths (no need to copy data folder)
Instructions for SwitchKaku
Setting it up:
- Install the app (UNSAFE MODE REQUIRED)
- Open the app and press Circle to uninstall (if installed)
- Option a) Press Triangle to install switchkaku and latest TaiHen(default) (Internet connection required)
- Option b) Press START to install switchkaku and TaiHen(default) (NO Internet connection required)
You can now switch between henkaku and taihen and NO internet connection is required. Enjoy!
How to switch?
- Open the app
- Press Cross to switch to TaiHen or press Square to switch to Henkaku
- Press R to reboot (if you want to run the new exploit)
- Open the Email app and you should see an email from TaiHen ( if TaiHen is set) or Henkaku (if Henkaku is set)
- Open the mail
Updating the exploits:
- Open the app
- Press Circle to uninstall
- Press Tringle to install
Double TaiHen installation – affect the online install (triangle). Taihen installer runs 2 times if it is not already installed and when you update it. You only need to install it and open the email with an internet connection (Only the first time).
xyz for the original offline installer
thanks to marek256 for the restyle
Yoti for the file path adjustment
Skullator for the video tutorial (see below)
To grab the latest version of SwitchKaku simply click here. If you wish to leave the developer feedback or report any bugs you find (or thank him for his work) you may do so by going to the release thread over in our forums here.