TWLoader 1.5 released, now feels like an actual DSi
Developer Robz8 has been really hard at work on his nds_boostrap frontend TWLoader. It seems like every couple of days he’s pushing a bug-fix or doing some sort of major update to it. This however, might be one of his most major updates to this cool homebrew in a while.
After a lot of hard work, Robz8 has managed to almost perfectly emulate the look and feel of an actual DSi system, sound effects included. Blurry text and a few other things have been corrected as well. If you skipped the earlier updates or on this application at all, then this might be the best time to get TWLoader.
What is TWLoader
TWLoader is a CTR-mode frontend for the nds-bootstrap library that features a DSi-like menu. It allows you to load nds files straight from your SD card. It does currently have the limitation of only loading files smaller than 4MB, though it is still a great way of being able to play DS homebrew. TWLoader also allows running DS software at a higher clock rate of 133mhz. From version 1.4 onwards, you are able to load files from your flashcard, including ones bigger than the 4MB limit. A list of homebrew compatible with nds-bootstrap is available here.
Changelog for TWLoader 1.5
- NDS sound effects!
- Flashcard: Banner text is now read from the .ini files at “sdmc:/nds/flashcard/”.
- Flashcard: Banner icons (.png, 32×32) are now read from “sdmc:/_nds/twloader/bnricons/flashcard/”.
- C-shaped thingies (called braces) are added at the start and end of the game list.
- TWLNAND side: Console output.
- A number of box art will be shown, based on the number of games.
- Text is no longer blurry.
- Flashcard: Box art is now read from “sdmc:/_nds/twloader/boxart/flashcard/” instead of sdmc:/_nds/twloader/boxart/”.
- L button is functional again.
- TWLNAND side: White screen issue should be fixed.
To download TWLoader all you have to do is head over to the release thread over at GBATemp and get the download links from there. If you prefer to get the link to Robz8‘s GitHub release page and get it there you can. If you’d rather just get to the download just click here.