A trip down homebrew lane: Basilisk II on PSP

Aurora

I'm a girl that's liked technology from day 1. Mostly interested in the PSVita/PSP scene but I've always modded my stuff when it's possible, that is :)

1. fate6 says:

Ah Basilisk II, the emu everyone forgot about.
    I remember using it back in ye olden PSP days but I can’t remember why…. probably the usual “cause I can” 😐

Anywhoo a nicely written little article, well done!

2. T Only Z who steals says:

FIRST!!!!!

3. Gilgamesh says:

I would absolutely love SheepShaver on the Vita. I fire up SheepShaver at least once a week to play my old Mac games that I’ve saved for all of these years (Master of Orion 1 and 2, Civilization 1 and 2, Colonization, and Castles: Siege and Conquest being the favorites).

4. NaskiRafaelEkiNaxazhuka says:

If I can play correctly Spin doctor and Super Maze Wars, I’m the happiest guy on earth.

5. I luv Mac says:

Escape Velocity! That game would wonderfully translate to the Vita controls.

Another awesome game: Harry the handsome Executive

6. Sloppycrap says:

Dark Castle/Beyond DC would probably work really well aiming with the right stick. Beyond that, I I can’t think of what I’d want to play in a Mac emulator that wasn’t done much better on some other platform.

7. go says:

No valid disks are available. (when i try to install Mac OS)

8. I used it for the “I can do it” thing.

I’ve mirrored that homebrew on my server, too.

9. There is certainly a great deal to find out about this topic.
    I really like all the points you have made.

10. Salar says:

i like to test everything that come as a homebrew 😀 cause i can 😀 XD
    this, i never heard of it on my PSP Days
    i have to try it on my vita now 😀
    thanks wololo
    nice written article
    btw does anybody know which version of mac can natively run on PSP env , i want to try AOE on it 😀

11. KoneB says:

I remember when i had my psp 3000 with 6.20 and when the hen came i used this emulator, but maybe i overload the ram or the gpu cause after that my psp screen shutdown every 5 minutes. I deleted everithing but that remains and i need to use my warranty. At least i could say i have another os in my psp haha