PS4 Firmware 4.06 released, hackers confirm it patches the 4.01 jailbreak

1. howard stern says:

leave it up to the chinese communists to ruin any possible idea for exploiting the ps4.

2. haha says:

love the gif

3. GokuD says:

So no release then. 🙁

4. SeanP2500 says:

ps4 slim? wha why not buy neo for hacks n homebrew? I mean why the heck not? if they ship with 3.70…my launch day ps4 still in box since i saw the china demo

5. Guymanperson says:

Cool let’s just tell people not to update for a whole month for nothing to release :D!

6. JOmamma says:

Even with the jailbreak you still can’t extract keys..

7. nebu_187 says:

this holiday my son gets watch dogs 2 san francisco edition
    and im getting playstation 4 slim 1tb 2 dualshock 4 v2 with mafia 3 and uncharted 4 on the side ow yeah
    Jingle bells! :p

8. Albert Covington says:

Anyone have info on a new proxy for PS4 on 4.01? I just transferred everything back to my PS4 Pro and I need to activate it, but I can’t sign in yet. Thnx

9. KAIOSHIN says:

if i buy ps4 pro on 3.70 will i be able to update to 4.01 via game disc or it will be fine to stay on 3.70 and wait for the jailbreak of 4.01(i hope jailbreak will work on all firmware <4.01)?

10. ZombieSlayer says:

One big epic fail. Maybe next year.

• oxi says:

Does the Chaitin Tech jailbreak on firmware 4.01 work for the PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro?

Can a PS4 Pro on firmware 3.7 be upgraded to 4.01?
      What firmware is preinstalled when you buy a PS4 Slim now?
      Can a PS4 Slim be upgraded to firmware 4.01?

11. Droid says:

Love first hate!
    Fail0verflow is the first team to JB PS4 using webkit, not Chaitin tech,
    Chinese developers are experts in copying, usually with no credit to original developer.
    Ok no credit, but please stop reporting back to Sony, *** genius!

12. jsn says:

Does this mean that 4.05 is still vulnerable to the exploit?

13. Zozo says:

Maybe those “sitting on 0 day for years” should instead have done something with it.

14. Jin says:

Can anyone help me to do Ps4 4.06 version jailbreak?
    I’ll pay the cost.

15. anonymous says:

wouldn’t it suck if when it was all said and done, they were just telling you not to update to keep psn running smoother for them?