PS4: How to update to a specific Firmware (Works For 4.0.1)
Note from Wololo: This tutorial on How to update your PS4 to a specific Firmware was initially published by /Talk member AlexxLopaztico02, as part of our monthly tutorial contest. AlexxLopaztico02 participated in the PS4 contest (with a $10 Amazon gift code to win) with this entry. You can find the original post here.
With the new jailbreak presentation in GeekPwn , the people who are in FW 3.55 would want to update to 4.0.1, without having to update to 4.0.5 and lose to opportunity to jailbreak (Ouch)
Lets put clear that this works for ALL the FW, not to the specific 4.0.1, but in this one we’re going to update to 4.0.1
- A Flash USB of 1GB at least
- A PS4 on a FW lower than the one you want to update (Sorry, not downgrading on this one)
- The update file (Link in first step)
- A PC
So, lets start!
- First of all, you gotta download the 4.0.1 FW in a PUP file,Which you can get clicking this link. Note: if you want another PS4 FW update, Check this page
- Now, format your USB to FAT32 (This will wipe all your data, so make a backup!) – Note: optional if your USB drive is already in FAT32 and has enough space to hold the update file.
- Now, make a folder in your flash drive called “PS4” (without the “) Remember it gotta be in UPPER CASE.
- Inside the PS4 folder, make a folder called “UPDATE” (again without the “) IN UPPER CASE.
- Copy the file you downloaded at the start of the tut to the UPDATE folder.
- Rename the file to “PS4UPDATE”
We’re ready in the PC, now lets go to the PS4.
7- First of all, shut down COMPLETELY your PS4.
8- Now, put your finger like if you were turning the console on, but release it when you hear two beeps.
9- Connect the FLASH drive to the PS4, followed act connect via USB the DS4 and press the PS Button.
10- Select the “Update FW” Option (I think is option 3) and select via USB drive.
11- Follow the steps on screen, and select “Okay”/”Accept” in everything.
The PS4 will reboot a couple of times, and guess what, you have successfully updated your PS4! 😀
See you next time!
Want a chance to win a $10 Amazon Gift Code and be featured on the blog with your own guide? Join our monthly tutorial contest here!see here.