Minicraft v1.0 (GekiHEN Contest Entry)
You can now read every article related to the GekiHEN Contest by simply clicking here. Hopefully this will be a great reference point for all of you who haven’t been following the contest closely enough.
It feels like forever since we last got to report on an entry for this contest and I assume that it may be directly related to the fact taiHEN/taiHENkaku is pretty much the main thing in every single developer’s mind right now. However, this doesn’t seem to have stopped developer Rinnegatamante from throwing his hat into the arena once again with what is an unexpected release (if you ask me) by porting one of Notch’s early creations, Minicraft, a game developed for the Ludum Dare #22 contest from way back in 2012.
What is Minicraft?
Minicraft was a game developed for the Ludum Dare #22 contest by Notch (if you don’t know who he is, think Mincecraft) way back in 2012. The object of the game is very simple: “kill the only other sentient being in the world, making sure you’ll be alone forever” as was stated by Notch himself as the time of the release of the game.
How to install
– Install the vpk
– Download the data files and place the Minicraft folder to ux0:/data
– gnmmarechal for testing the homebrew.
– Notch for the original game.
– FirebirdTA01 for the PSVITA icons.
– DavidSM64 for the 3DS port of the game, the whole PSVITA port is based on his wonderful JAVA to C conversion of the game.
– xerpi for sf2dlib/vita2dlib
– frangarcj for the on-texture rendering patch for vita2dlib
To download Minicraft and its data files needed to play, simply head to the contest entry page or click here for the vpk file and here for the data files. Instructions are as simple as can be so just make sure that you place the data folder in the right place.