taiHENkaku updated to Beta 2, fixes PSN spoofing (temporarily)
While it did take some time, the first update to the taiHENkaku beta has been pushed. This new release fixes tons of bugs in the initial release of this CFW for PS Vita consoles that are on firmware 3.60, although Yifan Lu still advises that if you are not willing to beta test – which means testing stuff and reporting bugs – you probably shouldn’t upgrade yet but rather stay on HENkaku V6. However if you are feeling adventurous or if you want to help out, feel free to do so!
If you want to help with testing taiHENkaku, here is what you need to do:
In filing your bug report, please be very specific in your setup (Vita/VitaTV, memory card?, what apps are used/installed, etc) and in triggering the bug (even if it is not possible to always reproduce it). Before filing any issues, make sure it is not listed below in the known issues section and read the other reported issues to make sure you are not submitting a duplicate ticket (submit a comment instead).
Remember that the issue tracker you need to submit your tickets in is this one. If you have nothing better to do with your time, why not help ironing out the bugs in this new CFW? Your call.
Yifan Lu also added that while PSN spoofing will work again, for some time, it is likely to break soon (this applies to all versions of HENkaku) and here is why:
PSA: PSN spoofing WILL break very soon as Sony disables 3.61 support. It only works now because 3.61 uses the same platform token.
— Yifan (@yifanlu) November 6, 2016
So if you have stuff you want to download, do it soon and fast because after Sony kills 3.61 support, it is unsure as of now if spoofing will work again. You can however, refer to our FAQ to see how can still get your PSN stuff using your PS3.
What is taiHENkaku?
In case you missed the original annoucement, taiHENkaku is the new version of our favorite “homebrew loader” ported to the new taiHEN framework that Team Molecule have been working on since the original HENkaku release. While it turns HENkaku into a fully-fledged custom firmware, it is currently in beta state and it is not recommended you update right away, unless you are willing to help beta test.
Changelog for taiHENkaku Beta 2
- Tons of bug fixes! This should fix random crashes/freezes in installation and usage.
- VitaShell 1.42 is integrated.
- Plugin loading support: the parsing of
ux0:tai/config.txtshould be working for developers. Check out the main development portal for details on how to use the configuration and taiHEN releases for the header and stub library to link with.
- PSN spoofing is restored but WILL break in a couple of days when Sony flips the switch to disable 3.61 access. Please download what you need now.
- Version spoofing is done locally in SceSettings now. That means any website that broke because of the version spoofing text would work now.
- No cleanup support, if you load TONS of plugins, you might run out of memory.
- PSN spoofing WILL break in a couple of days. Access might be restored at a later point, keep tuned.
- Sometimes, right after successful installation, the browser will either crash or show a black screen. This is okay, just press the PS button to exit manually.
- VitaShell 1.42 settings do not work. This will be addressed by The_FloW in the near future.
- Package installation from safe mode do not work in molecularShell. This will be addressed by The_FloW in the near future.
- molecularShell now only shows
ux0:. This is part of the move to molecularShell being a safe homebrew while VitaShell has full powers. Please install VitaShell manually to access other partitions moving forward.
- There is no offline installer for this beta.
Download the taiHENkaku Beta
To start playing around with the latest taiHENkaku Beta, just point your Vita browser to the http://beta.henkaku.xyz/ address and let it do its magic. To keep using or downgrade back to the V6 HENkaku build, keep going to the usual link of https://henkaku.xyz/.
Enjoy the exploring of this new release!