Custom Themes Manager updated to v2.0, brings a ton of updates
It was just last week that we reported about the first release of Custom Themes Manager, a very complete solution for all your custom themes needs on the PS Vita. However developer redsquirrel87 has not been slacking around and has already updated his application with a major update that adds even more features like the ability to search and sort themes, scan your memory card for any themes you may have there, thumbnail previews and many others. With this update, this application comes close to becoming a must-have for you if you like having a choice when it comes to the looks of your PS Vita’s live area.
What is Custom Themes Manager?
Changelog for Custom Themes Manager v2.0
- Added a new menu to install a Custom Theme from a local folder already existing on the Memory Card.
I chose the ux0:customtheme/ path because if you have to rebuild the database and so lose all your Custom Themes, in this way you’ll can reinstall them again in no time.
Please note also that the folders must have the theme.xml file inside them (but not in other subfolders) to be detected by this function.
- Added a function to let the user to search for any keyword inside title, author or description of the Custom Themes in the online repository.
- Added a function to sort the Custom Themes in the online repository.
- Added an on-screen menu where the user can choose how to sort the Custom Themes in the online repository, such as by title, author, date or downloads number.
- Added a function to search for available updates directly inside the app (press SELECT on main menu).
- Added a function to download any available update (VPK package) directly inside the app.
- Added a function to launch molecularShell after the download to let the user to install the VPK package of the new version.
- Added the support for the PSVita front touchscreen in the main menu and in the online repository section.
- Added the thumbnail preview at the info screen before writing the Custom Themes’ data into the database.
- Added a check for available space on Memory Card before to download and install a new Custom Theme
- Added a confirmation screen for the reboot option to avoid unintentional reboots.
- Added the downloads number in the Custom Theme’s details page of the online repositor.
- Fixed the “Unknown error code” message for network errors: now the proper description of the error should be displayed.
- Fixed a bug that returned to main menu instead of to the repository section when the user canceled the procedure to download all the preview images of the Custom Themes available
- Fixed a bug that removed some info/warning screens too quickly if the user kept pressed any button.
Download Custom Themes Manager
To download the latest version of Custom Themes Manager, just click here to get the VPK file directly from the developer’s BitBucket page. If you want to report any bugs or issues you might be experiencing, resquirrel87 urges you to do so in his bug tracker here.