Heads up: 1 Year Playstation Plus Code $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon again (as of 11/20/2017, 2pm, JST)

The GekiHEN Wishlist: Stuff I’d Like to See on Vita (Part I)

1. troll says:

those are understandable reasons, thanks for the Reply!

• Typhoon_Neon says:

Thank you for understanding πŸ™‚ Next article on this should come early next week, if I find the time to (going on a mini-vacation). These articles require some research into the specs and state of the code (is it playable, is it not?) of the open-source version.

But I’ll try to get it done as soon as possible! πŸ™‚

2. cpasjuste says:

I’v just ported opentyrian for you πŸ™‚

3. Stephens says:

Android emulator optimized for games.

4. marc says:

I want psvita downgrader!

5. Loute says:

I would like to see an eBook reader, touchscreen / pdf / png / jpeg compatible ( enabling rotation, pinches, well everything πŸ˜‰ ).
    A reliable Internet Browser ( we would keep the old one for Henkaku :-p)
    I also think it would be nice to see a VITA PuTTY client (like there’s been on the PSP formerly).
    Maybe a VLC port would do the trick as well (mkv/ network/ DLNA support).
    Eventually a PSP ISO /CSO loader πŸ™‚

6. roningoku says:

Cross Save to pS3 without Need to upload to PSN would be nice or at least a way to transfer or convert the saves

7. Filippo94 says:

That’s a nice whishlist, good choises!

8. TwojaStara says:

I want a fully worked psp backup or psx eboot’s.

9. yskar says:

An CBR/CBZ Comics/Manga reader.
    Epub/Mobi Ebook reader.

Functional PSP and PS1 emulator.

10. althonos says:

Kodi -> needs builtin ffmpeg and python embedded. Till we have both its a deadloc.
    Besides, their compile proces is a pain if you’re not on a *nix machine

11. someone says:

I just wanted a better way to make homebrew development easier, especially games. Here’s some ideas:
    – GUI builder (so every utility tool doesn’t look like a 20-year old command-line application)
    – Game development tools (not just game libraries; what about a simple visual editor to develop, let’s say, small platformers?)
    – Build and test homebrew on PC (yeah, we don’t have any emulators yet, but what about a small simulator? Or even compile to PC!)

And… PS2 emulation, maybe?

12. Brite says:

How about making the Vita works like a cellphone too? I mean, using the sim card to call and text. Maybe? Just maybe. Lol!

1. September 17, 2016

[…] those lines doesn’t it? Well, for one I am glad I made it a point to emphasize Tyrian in Part I of my GekiHEN Wishlist because developer cpasjuste decided to grant my wish. His entry into the GekiHEN Contest is exactly […]

2. September 19, 2016

[…] I start this, I want to thank everyone for the amazing feedback you all gave to Part I of this series. Your enthusiasm, ideas and suggestions have not gone unnoticed. I would also like […]

3. September 28, 2016

[…] coincidence but I’m still happy this keeps happening. With this, another game gets taken off my wishlist (even if this one isn’t a GekiHEN entry). Developer usineur has ported the engine SDLPoP to […]

4. November 16, 2016

[…] you want to take a look at the earlier parts of this series of articles, you can do so here, here, here and here for Part I, II, III and IV […]

5. September 6, 2017

[…] dev and are looking for ideas, we have literally 6 homebrew wishlists lying around! Here, here, here, here, here, and […]