Release: VitaToolbox 0.2
Developer Orion updated his utility VitaToolbox to version 0.2 last week.
What is VitaToolbox
VitaToolbox is like a Swiss army knife for your PS Vita, which combines the functionality of several other applications that have been released for the PS Vita lately. Among other things, VitaToolbox lets you update registry settings (e.g. to swap the O/X buttons), delete your PS Vita’s history (to avoid sending unwanted logs to Sony’s servers), swap your memory stick to another account, dump your IDPS, or switch to IDU mode.
It’s a pretty good way to remove some of the many apps and concentrate everything in one single useful toolbox 🙂
The full changelog for version 0.2:
- Added background image for vita toolbox(It is extern so you can modify it in “ux0:app/VITATLBOX/sce_sys/background/image.png”)
- Fixed graphic bugs presents in v.0.1
- Added function to dump Vita IDPS
- Added function to swap IDU – CEX MODE and CEX – IDU MODE
- Added kernel detection to sysinfo and Swap IDU functions
- Added function to reboot vita
- Other minor changes
Download VitaToolbox 0.2
You can download VitaToolbox 0.2 here.
Note: given the sensitive data this tool deals with (registry settings, IDU, etc…), be warned that this could badly impact your PS vita if used improperly.
Looking for more? We have a full list of Emulators for the PS Vita, an up to date list of Homebrews for the PS Vita, and an All in one guide for Vita 3.60 describing everything you can do with your hacked PS Vita.