HENkaku offline installer released
We mentioned yesterday that PlayStation Vita hacker xyz has shown a way to execute HENkaku without an internet connection. You’ll only need an internet connection once for the initial setup of the offline installer.
Xyz, one of the devs behind HENkaku, has just released the HENkaku offline installer. Not only can you now run HENkaku without internet, it’s even faster and much more stable than the web browser exploit in our tests.
The announce, which was made by Yifanlu, also mentions that HENkaku has been updated to now install VitaShell 0.7 instead of molecularShell. It is likely molecularShell will now be deprecated in favor of VitaShell.
Download and Install HENkaku-offline
Install instructions (from xyz):
To install the exploit (You need internet connection to install the exploit, but not to run it):
- First, install and activate HENkaku from https://henkaku.xyz/
- Install the vpk
- Launch offlineInstaller bubble
- Follow the instructions: press CROSS to install
- (Do not delete the bubble after the exploit is installed. You should redo the installation when you have internet access to ensure that you get the latest version of HENkaku)
To run the exploit:
- Reboot your PS Vita
- Disable Wi-Fi
- Open Email app. If at some point it asks you to enable wifi, press “No”. If you have wifi switched on, the message list will not load.
- If you have multiple email accounts, select “HENkaku Offline”
- Select “Inbox”, then click on the first email
- Wait about 10-20 seconds. You might get a “Please wait” screen multiple times. You might also get an “An error has occurred” screen multiple times. If you get any of these more than five times in a row, reboot your Vita and try again.
- You should see the same screen as with online installation (black screen with text and molecule logo)
To uninstall the exploit:
- Launch offlineInstaller
- Press CIRCLE to uninstall
Source: xyz via yifanlu on twitter