Heads up: 1 Year Playstation Plus Code $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon again (as of 11/20/2017, 2pm, JST)

Can the recently released PS Vita webkit exploit be ported to the PS4?

1. Seth says:

If i had a ps4 I’d wait because I’m smart xP

2. Rolenzo says:

While homebrew on the ps4 would be very welcome, I’m mostly concerned with having it on the psvita for now.

The main drool-worthy feature of the ps4 to me would be seeing if we could inject ps2 games into the hd remakes –it may be a pipe dream with a ton of modifications — but I doubt it. The games I’ve played feel very lazily ported and I think we could figure it out even if it took some tweaking.

• Tony says:

The game would most likely need to be decrpyted and i’m sure sony didn’t plan on making the same mistake like the ps3 so it’s highly likely to be much more difficult.

3. giinova says:

wololo could you kindly shed some light on us 3.18 users? We’re stuck in a dilemma here and would be great if you could give us an insight on whether it is recommended to upgrade or stay and wait for a port( perhaps ask your sources for a port). Thank you! 🙂

4. H4x0rgt says:

If the scene of the ps4 dont hurry up, Sony gone to patch the vulnerability, Yifan already publish the source code of HENkaku Im pretty sure the Sony security team is working on it, so guys hurry up!

5. Derf says:

Hot damn, that’s wonderful news! Good luck to anyone pursuing a kernel exploit 🙂

6. bwitzberger says:

I Would Jump Aboard…..Don’t Crucify Me But The Xbox One Is Sadly Way Ahead Of SONY As Far As The UI….I’ll Be Straight With You…XBOX ONE Is Giving People What They Want As Far As Features. And They Have Had BETA Testing On The Machine For Quite Some Time…But I Took It Off Because Too Many Updates Some Are On The Fly…But When I Was Watching The NBA Finals They Did An Update And It Took Forever Because There Was Big Update … Face It Sony Machine Needs A lot Of Work…And I Use Both Consoles But Use The Xbox One More Than PS4 Because The Free Games Are A heck Of A lot Better Than The Stupid *** That PS4 Gives…I Was *** When They Took Linux Off The PS3…The Surprise Update Witch taught Me To Look At The Updated .bin …. And See What’s Being Installed…

7. bwitzberger says:

P.S. Backwards Compatibility Can Be Done On PS4….There Just Taking Advantage Of The Consumer To Get More Money…When I Dumped The PS4 PS3emu Was There And PS2emu Also. So There Just Blowing Smoke Up The Consumers ***..

8. meysam25 says:

yes am w8 and no i will not update to last ps4 fw ( there is no reason for me to update my ps4 fw)

9. Luis says:

nobody cares PS4

10. Dragood2 says:

I’ll confirm, The exploit can be ported to the ps4, but as wololo pointed out, it needs a kernel exploit for it to be worth anything. A lot of ROP for now until further finds.
    Anyone that wishes to one day exploit their console, DO NOT AT ANY COST UPDATE TO BETA 4.0, nothing can be said for sure right now, but Sony is most definitely working on reverse engineering the hack.
    Although I wouldnt expect them to have it patched by firmware 4.0, most luckily will be fixed in update which comes right after that given the hard work team molecule spent obfuscating their code.

11. CPS1+2+NeoGeo says:

Just my personal opinion. Actually PS Vita webkit exploit release a bit early before PS4 Neo coming. At now sony have idea to block exploit for PS4 Neo.

12. Cr8zy says:

I’m gonna stick to my good ol 3.50 and continue using psproxy 2.0 to bypass psn fw checklist!

13. Lux says:

I’m planning to buy a PS4 1.76 but the PS4.5 will come soon. Idk if I should get a PS4 for the upcoming PS VR If they are compatible to each other.

14. P3T3 says:

He has realised code so won’t take Sony long at all to understand and patch so don’t up date is main thing!

15. El cagon says:

Lol been waiting for ps4 hack for a long time my ps4 is sitting catching dust arffff ahoy!!

16. Pasha says:

Time to sell ps4. Useless and no exclusives. Only remasters

17. Derf says:

I’m curious, could this possibly lead to further developments on the PS3 end, or does the PS3 use a proprietary layout engine instead of Webkit?

18. doron says:

my ps4 is on 2.55 since it’s release – and it’s going to stay this way until the jailbreak comes out

19. After I originally commented I seem to have
    clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and
    now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the exact same comment.
    Is there a means you can remove me from that service?
    Thanks!

20. I feel that is among the such a lot significant information for me.
    And i am happy studying your article. But should statement on some basic things, The web site taste is wonderful, the articles is in reality great : D.
    Excellent activity, cheers

1. August 7, 2016

[…] i seen this post made by Wololo, i didn’t think we would get something so quick, so i made a joke in the form […]

2. August 7, 2016

[…] what a coincidence*. A couple hours after I explained the HENkaku Webkit exploit could probably be ported to the PS4, Developer Fire30 published said port on github. I can now humbly call myself the prophet of the […]