Nintendo pulls game “Freakyforms Deluxe” from 3DS eshop, mere hours after hack disclosed

1. Crzo says:

Just ordered one from gamestop.
    Game $4.99
    Shipping $4.99
    Tax $0.90
    Total $10.88
    🙂

2. Zeke says:

I see. So Nintendo have taken a leaf out of Sony’s book and got more effective at pulling games from their store when exploits are announced, looks like they’re finally learning. I would say “good for them” but it’s more of an issue for the home-brew scene.

Personally I still think the best strategy is doing some research before buying a console. You’re looking for ones on eBay/Gumtree/Craigslist that haven’t been used in a while, you can usually tell from the description even if it’s short. Easy enough to ask the seller which version a console is running, they’re looking to shift it so in most cases you can ask, politely request NOT to do a firmware update if they haven’t already and they’re happy to do so. That way you can easily find a 3DS or Vita that has an exploitable version – in effect the best hack on Vita is failmail and the best on 3DS is browserhax. Little harder to do with, say, a PS3 if you want one on or below about 3.55 but not impossible. Depends on how much time and effort you’re willing to put in to find the hardware you want, and compared to how things were only a decade ago it’s become a LOT easier now the internet has such reach across a diverse group of people.

That’s my thoughts on the subject, anyway.

• lmao says:

i guess it won’t work for NX, it’s very high chance Nintendo will be following M$’ draconian way of doing upgrade, yes dat win 10 forced upgrade.

• SeanB1014 says:

They don’t care that much about their 3DS being homebrew’d; Super Mystery Dungeon and Ocarina of Time are still on the eShop, OoT having had been vulnerable for ages. They’d rather have their main titles stay up than other titles. Money is a higher priority than fixing.

3. LambdaTeos says:

Maybe they managed to remove it that fast since they are the owners of that IP, dunno how the whole process of having games in the eshop works, but I would expect them to easily remove a game they created

4. Dillweed says:

Damn, i should check this site daily…

5. I can’t do anything with the game (I’m already at 9.2), but it seems the best deal as of now is from Play-Asia, who is selling the game for $19.99 (with a slower $5 or faster $15 shipping).

6. DC12 says:

Wow, Cubic Ninja is really easy to find these days, even if it’s $35 at Gamestop. Too bad that’s only useful for a small percentage of 3DSes out there now.

• hohoho says:

Why don’t u just use that browserhax? U could just updated ur firmware sometime ago to the latest version and do it…. I bought my N3DSXL last month and I use that to hack it for free.

7. bit1010 says:

I have three Cubic Ninja games which I don’t need or have ever used since purchase since I’m using a Gateway. Where should I sell them to get them sold quickly? The market in my country seems unfitting. I seem to jump on the hype train and buy stuff just when a hack is announced but then I really don’t use it that much. The exploiting part is the fun part really, not as much actually using the console.

8. game4deal says:

today i use my sky3ds+ , and it could be use Freayhax to enter the homebrew . and it can play the 3DS game Freakyforms Deluxe
    hope this can be help :

9. i downloaded the game to play on my Sky3ds+ and the game and the exploit works 100% fine you just need to download blargsnes tho and follow the full tutorial on youtube on how to add the homebrew channel. i think nintendo is only dragging the games and hate the hack because if everyone has it they can get snes ganes for free instead of $10.90 each (australian) from the eshop