Release: Numpty Physics for Vita (Rejuvenate)

1. Rolenzo says:

It’s wonderful to see rejuvenate apps. Thanks much!

2. Fadi555 says:

When we can see dolphin emu or even ppsspp port on vita
    I know some of you will said the vita has psp support. I know but the vita indeed has a psp cpu inside the vita so that’s why psp games on vita looks so pixelated. So if we have ppsspp port on it we will be able to play our psp games with a high resolution.
    Just imagine. It’s so fantastic. So we really need a port of ppsspp.

• Nahbro says:

That’s not quite how it works mate

• Sukunda says:

The Vita’s GPU isn’t strong enough for PPSSPP with upscaling and the Vita’s CPU isn’t nearly strong enough for Dolphin.

• z2 says:

why the f*ck do we need PPSSPP when the vita can natively emulate PSP environment..

• Zeke says:

That’s not quite correct, the PSP emu on the Vita lacks the Media Engine CPU but for games it’s as good as you can get because Sony wrote it. I’d actually say the screen on the Vita makes it superior for PSP games even taking into account the bilinear filtering to blow it up to size. PPSSPP doesn’t emulate certain titles as well as I’d like even on a midrange PC and blowing 480×272 PSP games up to 1080p looks terrible even with more complex scaling routines.

What Rejuvenate does do surprisingly well is SNES and Genesis emulation. Super Mario Kart for example will run at a stable 60fps with decent sound quality, as do a lot of the US Genesis titles like Sonic 3 & Knuckles. mGBA isn’t as good as gPSP if you want Gameboy Advance and in fact only the 3DS seems to run GBA titles properly i.e. no frameskip with the AGP_FIRM hack: it even emulates LCD pixel drag and darkens the screen slightly to match the backlit GBA style, why Nintendo never ran with this as a Virtual Console module after taking the time to code it and doing a pilot program for it eludes me but with a few hours doing 3DS hacks and converting game titles it’s great for taking on the old Advance classics.

3. Stanislav says:

Please,pleaseee contiune!

4. Oh Yes. says:

This sounds interesting. There’d better be more to come. I feel guilty that my vita is collecting dust instead of my PC.