PSP/PS Vita release: GBA emulator UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225
Open Source GBA emulator GPSP is one of the most popular emulators on the PSP and the PS Vita for a reason: it’s great. But it doesn’t mean it is without bug, and with the official developer Takka dropping support back in 2009, updates have been sparse, except for the occasional unofficial update.
PSP scene Veteran EricPshat just released a new build of the emulator a couple days ago on our /talk forums. He states this build improves stability and fixes some bugs, specifically:
- Fixed lots of bugs, mostly inconsistencies in the program code and the code to be translated.
- Added new lines in the emulator menu and accordingly in translation language files.
- Painted pixel by pixel, and compiled a new font “eureka.fbm”.
Also in the font added all German-Spanish-Portuguese-Greek characters umlauts with full Western European encoding cp1252 with the required width for each letter.
- Fixed some items are broken before.
- Fixed alternating list by changing the buttons in the joystick configuration.
- Now run almost all games from ZIP archives. Previously, large files are not unpacked emulator.
- Other minor fixes.
- Signed to run on the official firmware, and of course on the custom firmware.
Whether the improvements make sense for your use case or not, it’s a great opportunity to (re) discover one of the best emulators out there!
Download gPSP Kai 3.4 Build 225
People on PS Vita will need to format the downloaded archive in a way that works for their installation method of choice, head over to our forums for help.
If you want to help with translations of gPSP Kai, please get in touch with EricPshat on the original thread.
Source: EricPshat on /talk