Wii U 5.5 Kernel exploit has been leaked
The Wii U Kernel exploit for 5.5 that has been left right and center of discussions on the Wii U scene recently, was just leaked a couple of hours ago on GBATemp. This exploit lets you run Loadiine (Wii U backup launcher), Cafiine, and a bunch of other cool tools. The exploit is compatible with (at least) firmwares 5.5.0 and 5.5.1
Developer @NWPlayer1234, one of the people behind the exploit (along with Marionumber1) has confirmed the leak is the real thing. It’s a full fledged exploit and people have already been confirming they can run Loadiine and other tools with it.
The leak happens a few days after NWPlayer1234 “suggested” someone leaked the exploit. It turns out one of the exploit’s handful of beta testers who had access to the file probably took the suggestion a bit too seriously.
Download and use
Instructions are sparse, but here’s what we could gather from NWPlayer1234:
1) reverse folder names
2) delete that dumb WithLove.png
3) install java 8+
4) java -jar HaxServer.jar
And, last but not least, NWPlayer1234 posted video instructions on how to access the file from your console and run the exploit, then how to run loadiine from there:
I’m dying but here y’all nerds go pic.twitter.com/5AEvK5faAU
— Twi ✨ (@NWPlayer1234) May 3, 2016
- Reverse folder names from the download
- Install Java 8 or above
- Make sure port 80 is not in use (e.g. make sure to quit Skype if you have it on your computer!)
- Run hackserver.jar, and make sure it runs correctly
- in a Dos command line (“cmd”), type “ipconfig” to get your computer’s ip address
- on your Wii: enter your IP address followed by /hax?kexploit31, for example http://192.168.0.1/hax?kexploit31
- Click on done and load the page to run the Wii U 5.5 kernel exploit
To run a tool such as Loadiine:
- Get the latest Loadiine nightly from the repository
- Copy the content on your SD Card in wiiU/apps/loadiine.gx2
- Backups on your SDCard need to be prepared as explained on the Loadiine Readme
- Run the kexploit10 binary (http://youripaddress/hax?kexploit10)
- Run loadiine
Please report success/failure!
NWPlayer1234 is releasing “how to” videos as I type this so check out the developer’s twitter account below for more details.