How to redownload P.T. Silent Hills
Note from Wololo: This tutorial on How to Redownload P.T. Silent Hills was initially published by /Talk member Orangpelupa, as part of our monthly tutorial contest. OrangPelupa won the February/March mods award (a $10 PSN code) with this entry. You can find the original post here.
Note: The tutorial was initially published on our /talk forums in December 2015. The technique below has been confirmed to work at the time of re-publishing this in April 2016, and users have confirmed this still works, one year later, as of April 2017. It might stop working at some point. It also assumes you have access to a PSN account that had P.T. Silent Hills in your library at some point in the past, as you need your account to have a license for the game.
P.T. is a historical masterpiece from the minds of Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus. It was swept away from PSN and no longer available for re-downloaded.
But you can re-download P.T. (Silent Hills) without hassle:
(recommended for those that know their ways with PC)
1. Download and install SUWI (check all options).
2. Set your PS4 to use your PC as proxy.
3. Download P.T. from Library 🙂
Video proof and guide
Super Detailed guide
(recommended for those that want to make sure they did not missed any steps)
1. Go to NETWORK settings > Set up Internet Connection -> use LAN/WiFi > Custom > Automatic > Do not specify > Automatic > Automatic.
2. Now you are on PROXY screen, choose USE and type your proxy IP address with PORT 808.
3. Complete the network setting.
Download P.T. (Silent Hills) on PS4:
1. Go to DOWNLOAD notification.
2. If P.T. download error was there, press OPTIONS then DELETE (if its not there, you are OK).
3. Go to LIBRARY.
4. Choose P.T.
5. DOWNLOAD P.T.
The technical stuff
PlayStation 4 finds out where to download games by reading specific .JSON file. But because P.T. was wiped off PSN, PS4 don’t know where to download.
Googling around, turns out there’s a bunch of Redditors that has uploaded P.T. US version PKG but its missing the necessary .JSON file. Luckily there’s EU JSON file floating around and i modify it to work with P.T. US version.
My face made a big smile when I saw P.T. download progress bar slowly fills. But my smile quickly turned upside-down when the download stopped at 9MB. Thus i gave deeper look at the EU JSON and identified the following stuff:
Long story short, i modified the EU JSON with
- US PKG URL,
- US PKG SHA-1 hash,
- and blanking the identifier (just put “”).
Voila, it works. P.T. able to reach 100% download and it is playable. Turns out, PS4 only care with the PKG URL, file-size, and SHA-1 hash. PS4 does not care with the identifier value, thus you can simply blank it 😀
- The proxy app was “Squid Proxy”. I made an installer and some necessary configs.
- This tutorial is my original work and i will post it on other places to spread the word, but the most comprehensive and detailed guide only available for Wololo community. Because i think you guys/girls will like the nitty gritty 😀
Want a chance to win a $10 PSN Code and be featured on the blog with your own guide? Join our monthly tutorial contest here!