Cemu (Wii U emulator for Windows) updated to 1.4.0c, improves speed & graphics
Exzap, the dev behind the wildly popular Wii U emulator Cemu, has recently released an update that brings it up to version 1.4.0c.
Cemu Wii U emulator changes in 1.4.0.c
According to Exzap, this latest version improves the graphics and CPU emulation by a significant amount. The full changelog from the announce:
- Added PowerPC JIT recompiler (up to 5-6 times faster CPU emulation)
- Decreased shader compilation stutter
- Improved audio emulation
- Large improvements to graphics emulation
- Tons and tons of smaller changes and bugfixes
Exzap mentions a few known limitations about Cemu 1.4.0:
- CEMU does not work with AMD’s graphic driver 16.3 and upwards. This issue will likely be fixed in the next CEMU release.
- Some games don’t boot or randomly crash when recompiler is enabled.
Hey, these are pretty ok limitations, knowing that Cemu wasn’t working at all on AMD not so long ago. Great to see steady progress here 🙂
As with every new Cemu release, users so far are welcoming the new improvements. User SimonBestia on GBATemp says:
Super Mario Maker is running at 56-60fps on my PC!
It ran around 24fps on 1.3.3, now THAT’S a massive speed up!
Several users are reporting twice as much FPS on several games, others are reporting that games are now playable on Cemu with lower end configurations that did not work with former version 1.3.3. Overall, the feeling is that this version dramatically improves performance.
Download Cemu 1.4.0c
You can Download Cemu 1.4.0.c here
Source: Exzap on GBATemp