PS4 Firmware 3.5: Playstation needs your help to beta test the next PS4 update

1. Rolenzo says:

I really need a name change. I bought my ps4 used and the guy gave me his associated psn account with hundreds of dollars of purchased content.

Unfortunately, his chosen psn name has “masturb8r” in it so it’s very embarassing.

2. Mistah Five says:

I have a question. Do people who use PS Now like it, or would rather simply have backwards compatibility? I mean, I see the advantage when you have a PS4 and a Vita, but are the servers and prices good enough so that that makes a difference?

• Greenwaterv3 says:

That’s a 2 way answer, do you have good internet, don’t you say high-speed cause that’s a term that verys from place to place. And are you hard wired or reliable to WiFi are questions you must ask before you invest in to it

• Yamagushi says:

Having tried it out a bit, it’s actually very good, on both my PS4 and my Vita. Ran smoothly, image clarity was good. I would however take true BC any day. It’s not going to have any hiccups while playing, and the image quality isn’t compressed and sent over the web, so rather than “good” it’s perfect. I’d also much rather own the titles than play them on essentially a rental. A used PS3 is cheap enough, I’d honestly say pony up the few extra bucks and just buy a PS3 for about the same price as a year of PSNow, and own the games should you ever want to revisit them someday. I ended up just getting a 320gb PS3 Slim refurbished at gamestop on sale for 100$ with a 1 year warranty. Sure I still have to buy games on top of that, but at least I own them.

3. Franky says:

How many “stability” features are there going to be?

4. Row says:

I don’t really want backwards compatibility, just want to remote play my ps3 to ps4

5. Darth Agnon says:

“Other, more PS4 specific requests for the PS3 Firmware 3.5 include…” I should probably just let you know, wololo: a typo

6. Fimo says:

My PS4 will stay on FW 2.51, WIFI disabled.

7. Fimo says:

This 0 day vulnerability will be patched on FW 3.5 http://thehackernews.com/2016/02/glibc-linux-flaw.html

8. Šaban says:

I think that we might see Remote play for MAC/PC after 3.50,
    I think that the security reasons are also presented not only App for PC/MAC so that means they should implement them into FW before releasing an app ?

9. RiotDX says:

Maybe the ability to hide those embarrassing trophies so your friends never know you played that random dating sim? I’m really hoping for something PS2 related but Sony has been a real disappointment on that front, so I won’t get my hopes up too high.

10. Charles Fasano says:

I’d love to see PSOne Classics on PS4. I don’t see a reason not to have since the PS4 is more powerful than the PS3 and even a low end computer can play PSOne games.

11. v_soul says:

Code name Morpheus release software compatibility with vr headset.

12. np3228 says:

The thing i want are custom backgrounds… I want a phat *** staring at my face everytime im in the homescreen

13. Raikiri says:

the user that gets the beta tell *** sony they need to fix share play connection and let share play have better video quality