Rebug 4.76.1 REX/DEX Released
PS3 Owners rejoice, as he hinted a few weeks ago, Rebug developer evilsperm just released Rebug 4.76.1 for PS3 owners.
This new release of the popular custom firmware no supports Blu Ray/DVD Movie playback in Full DEX mode, which wasn’t the case until now. Other changes include an update to Cobra Payload 7.2, an update of the Rebug Toolbox.
The Rebug CFW also gives users access to the PSN/SEN from their hacked (lower firmware) PS3, that is, until Sony release yet another firmware update, which has a tendency to happen pretty soon after the Rebug releases.
The full changelog:
What’s new since 4.75.3?
- Cobra payload has been updated from 7.1 to 7.2
- (Minor bug fixes and improvement)
- REBUG toolbox has been updated from 2.02.07 to 2.02.08
- (No more issue with mamba payload due to syscall 8 handling)
- Full BD/DVD movie playback support on FULL DEX mode.
- (Unlike previous REBUG REX/D-REX CFW, now you can watch BD/DVD movies on both kernels!)
- Host IP address display on DEX mode.
- (Same as normal DEX OFW/CFW)
What is Rebug?
Rebug is a CFW (custom firmware) for the PS3. It provides QA Support, Firmware Spoofing (for PSN access), and everything you could expect from a CFW. It’s considered to be the most professional and stable CFW out there.
What is Rebug Toolbox?
According to the official site, “Rebug Toolbox is an application designed to complete the full function of REBUG REX EDITION firmwares. Besides from performing the CEX/DEX EID0 and LV2 Kernel Swapping it is also an FTP server and is packed with a bunch of other useful tools.”
In other words, Rebug Toolbox is a series of optional tools to make the Rebug CFW even beter
download Rebug 4.76.1
Rebug 4.76.1 can be downloaded on the official site here (scroll down to the bottom of the page)
source: evilsperm on twitter