4.76 REBUG REX / D-REX “in the near future” ?

Reimu

Background Developer who loves to talk and blog about Security things on Gaming Consoles

1. masterm1nd says:

Is there any chance for ps4 hack?

2. W wololo says:

Is it for ofw?

3. Masquerade says:

Oh neat, I’ve been sticking on 4.75 REX waiting for this full version for a while. Nice to see they haven’t forgotten. That said, I wonder if 4.76 might be the last FW for PS3

• nope says:

Not even close. Expect 4.77 to release within a week of Rebug 4.76’s release.

• Zeke says:

I often wonder at which point in a consoles life will Sony give up patching exploits like this. They do it now as the console is pushing a decade old, will they next year? The year after? Or only after they declare it obsolete and drop all the PSN etc support? Because a lot of content is DLC it’s gonna be interesting to see how it changes long life console support.

• GOOSE says:

What’s the difference between 4.75 REX and 4.76.1-LITE? I’m new to PS3 hacks so installed 4.76.1 instead of 4.75

4. Zeke says:

A hack for the most current PS3 firmware so I can get more use out of it? F**k yeah. Can’t wait for that! Great news, thanks.

5. Cell says:

The life period of PS3 almost finish. Does any chance will see the cfw upgrade on ofw 4.76? Or new downgrade fw for ofw?

• Jesse says:

It doesn’t work like that. There is basically a firmware fork, starting at OFW 3.55. The root security keys were leaked and then subsequently patched by Sony on 3.56. The only way to get CFW is with using the old keys on an exploitable firmware. We have newer versions of CFW because we’re still using the old keys, if you updated past 3.55 ofw, you will be using a different type of encryption, and if I’m not mistaken, a more secure implementation.

• N says:

People have most likely found a way around all that and just never said anything. I mean it would make sense for someone to do that and then announce once the ps3s life is over

• cracker says:

This can be done with different hardware programmers that you clip/solder onto the flash chips in the PS3 — such as an E3 flasher. It doesn’t work on all systems and certain systems are a lot easier to downgrade to 3.55 than others.

6. Kira_Slith says:

I wish them good luck! Rebug has been a great standby.