Heads up: 1 Year Playstation Plus Code $39.99 (33% off) on Amazon again (as of 11/20/2017, 2pm, JST)

PS Vita 3.55 ePSP hack: New exploited game revealed

1. Haruka says:

Heads up: It seems that 173210-kun is having some difficulties on the US version of MPO+.

3 hrs ago, he said in twitter that the exception (assuming the one used in JP version) is not triggering in US version of MPO+.

2. Frank says:

The game is not available anymore on North America store.

3. Mr. Eich says:

In lights of recent events, I doubt that Sony would pull this one off the shelves quickly.

All hail Kojima!

4. Shugo says:

I’m pretty sure Portable Ops and Portable Ops Plus aren’t available for Vita in the US. I’ve wanted them on Vita for ages but they’ve only been available digitally for PSP for some reason. I think they are available for Vita in EU/JP, though.

5. John says:

Developer help sony get a lot of money from those old psp games. But I feel this exploited game already no meaning for us. Developer should focus to something else. Like psvita exploited game.

6. pantog says:

i have this metal gear UMD disc yahooooo now i wonder how can i load it on my ps vita 🙂

7. Pixel Shader™ says:

PlayStation Vita has died everyone goes to 3DS now since it is fully hacked especially when it becomes hacked without flashcards I myself keep PSVita away and now playing 3DS games until PSVita get revived. No need for this to play PSP games on PSVita which are emulated in too pixelated screen unlike PPSSPP app for Android it runs PSP games at FullHD no low resolution issues like on PSVita

8. Bigscrotem says:

YEH BUT CAN U PLAY PS1 GAMES ON DS WITH SOUND??? I DONT THINK SO! Thats all anyone wants to do anymore! PS1 ON PS VITA RULES!!!!!!

• Zeke says:

For me it depends on which version. PEOPS under TN-V gives very choppy sound/video and slowdown, whereas TN-X gives top quality near perfect PS1 emulation because it exploits the PS1 Loader. With the advantage of fast forwarding and save states too!

• Alpmaster says:

Fpse is awesome on android 7 inch tablet good to go.

9. Bigscrotem says:

Sorry so many my screen must be dirty. It messes up and keeps refreshing so i had to keep typing it over again. dangit!!!!!!

10. Toni says:

Es un exploit nativo?Es decir si tengo el Mimaya ark no necesito comprar este juego verdad?Saludos.Gracias.

11. Zeke says:

I must admit, Sony and the third party affiliates have to love the fact that in order to do piracy you have to own (rent?) a legal game anyway, paid for. So they’re still getting your money if you want to play PSP backups because you have to have a legit PSP game first! Personally I still think it’s cheaper and easier to have two Vitas, one hacked for PS1/PSP backups and emulators etc and one just on whatever the most recent firmware is. Activated to the same PSN account they can share a lot of the paid for content anyway.

That aside, it would be nice to have TN-V on 3.55. Failing that I might just say f*** it and buy the handful of games I run through TN-V anyway… depends if the exploit works on EU MGSPO+ really. Time will tell ladies and gents. Time will tell.

12. brunocar says:

it had to be the shitiest MGS…

13. Crzo says:

This isn’t even fun anymore… Unless you got a vita last week…

• grandgroove says:

Agreed. I couldn’t afford to properly invest in a Vita until about a year ago. I’ve since sold it. Contrast this with having owned 13 different PSP units over time (2004-2015). Just not fun anymore

14. Ethanmars says:

Hi,
    I just bought MGS portable plus on US store,
    Someone plz tell me how to install it on Vita,
    Store only lets me downloaded to PS3. Any Ideas ?

15. AbeanerMoozeLumb says:

Thus needs be we welcome it.

16. RitZien says:

NOT on PS Store ? wwwhhhyyy ???

17. RitZien says:

Why complain? You just have to buy a $10 game and you’ll have unlimited ps1 & psp retro games ?

18. Mystic_Shadow says:

I’m so glad I stayed on 3.18 with tnv and x no more problems like this haha and bubbles.

19. Rishabh says:

WILL THE GAME WORK FOR PORTABLE OPS (not PLUS)??? (Indian PSN Store)

20. Gregdaleg says:

Even if it were in the US store. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to release it exactly on christmas day for people who may be getting PS Vita’s for christmas?

21. Pingas says:

U.S. users always get shafted when it comes to Vita hacking. I am sticking to 3DS, at least they try new things instead of sticking to the old boring stuff.

22. Bigscrotem says:

Whatever happened to ARK3????

23. Randy says:

Well this sucks. Hopefully there’s a new exploitable US game soon enough. Would totally just make an EU psn account on one memory card and keep my US account (with all my stuff) on another except I’d have to format my system each time. Not worth it. At least some people get to enjoy this which is nice.

24. witzberger says:

sounds like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas!..

25. Thomas says:

No, on EU store is only for PSP. If you try with psvita you can’t downlod.
    Mimana Iyar Chronicle (US store) work perfectly on 3.55 OFW. I’ve bought it yesterday for PSVITA and work 100%

26. Baconelite says:

I am in EU and I bought and downloaded the game, no problem at all. In his latests tweets, the developer said he would not release the exploit due to technical issues, but later said he would release it for the EU version.

27. djillali says:

brothers i have ps vita 3.55 how crack for me ?

28. piotrekhenry says:

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops PLUS are 2 separate games. This might bring a lot of confusion since the article itself states that MGS PO is for JP while others need MGS PO+.
    You should try and clarify this first.

29. Neko says:

So no vulnerable exploit on EU METAL GEAR SOLID PORTABLE OPS + ???
    The exploit only works on JPN version?

30. Stark says:

Guys, i have a ps vita at 3.01 with tnv bubble, would you recommend updating to 3.55 tnv 11?

31. MagnaM says:

OMG! please don’t tell me that I just bought the game in eu X_X

32. Hasuki says:

Seems like still no other word from this developer, so a bunch of people bought a game for no good reason in EU, Merry Xmas all!

33. Assassin PSN says:

TNV funciona a la perfección guys.. En 3.55 actualmente última versión.. TN-V reproduce con sonido ARK no.. Sólo es necesario comprar Mimana Chronicle PSP GAME Yo personalmente compre el juego estando en 3.55 y active el exploit sin ningún tipo de problema.. Solo ejecuten el One menu desde TN-V y podrán disfrutar de Homebrews Emuladores Etc. Dejó esta info por si alguien no estaba al tanto.. Consulta alguien Sabe si es posible ejecutar un emulador de Dreamcast En Vita 3.55? Saludos 😛

1. December 20, 2015

[…] Via Twitter 173210 has stated that the game to get homebrew running via the PSP Emulator is Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS(Japan)/Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS Plus(Europe), unfortunately this game seems unavailable on the US PS Store according to Wololo […]