Revitalize Homebrew competition: vote for your favorite PS Vita homebrews!

1. Charlie says:

This is just sad, a contest that took that long and so few entries. The vita is indeed dead.

• Gaze says:

To be fair, the SDK is unfinished and nobody bothered to write a beginner friendly tutorial explaining how to use it. Rejuvenate being such a pain to run atm is also a big problem… I think it was just too early for a contest.

• Poptart says:

Unfortunately, the whole home-brew and “jailbreak hack revitalize process”, so to call it, is very long winded and complex compared to software like TaiG for the iPhone when you literally just plug it in, click go and everything is done for you. I think this is pushing people away due to the frustrations. I’m not saying everyone is stupid, but I know lots of fans of home-brew who are “end users” and really dislike/feel uncomfortable going through the complexities of CFW setup etc. I’m a pretty advanced PC user (I would like to think) and even I struggled against the instructions to get everything setup and running with rejuvenate – tons of trial and error and several forum searches to get somewhere. I dunno if the vita is dead but I certainly think that those who are capable of home-brew and hacking should be trying to make it more accessible to people who aren’t technically minded for , and yes I appreciate that the Vita is highly locked down and it’s tough. =)

• Enigma85 says:

Yup its way too complicated and annoying to get homebrew working. not to mention there is just more to having the lastest firmware than to stay at one specific lower FW imo. The official games are just worth it to stay up to date until the vita is busted wide open like the 3ds.

• w00tguy123 says:

I’m a programmer and I also think it’s too complex. From what I remember, you have to send an email to your device every day or else it won’t work anymore? It was something like that that pushed me away from getting much involved.

That said, I think it’s amazing that we can run this type of native code at all, and I could see that an effort was made to make the process easy for everyone. I just don’t think it’s very usable at this point (although I probably missed something in the past few months, or misunderstood some part of the process).

• Enigma85 says:

I was thinking the same exact thing haha These were pretty bad selection here. Vita devs need to do something cause this scene hasn’t even really been born yet. I know some devs on it are too worried about piracy and they should just attack the vita in anyway possible whether it enables piracy or not so the scene can actually start.

2. Raul says:

What is sad about having emu which emulates many consoles? Would you like to have 10 different emus or what?

3. Rex says:

I’ve been waiting for something like SDL or OpenGL be ported to the Vita in order to develop something but I think that won’t happen any time soon.

I think I’m ready to update, I stayed on 3.51 long enough and I realize now that Rejuvenate might have failed. I think that staying in up-to-date firmware I get more juice out of my Vita, for example remote play with my PS4, right now I cannot even play Fallout 4 on the go since Remote Play requires PSN access, plus not having access to PSN in order to buy newer games it’s a deal breaker for me. I think there are workarounds for this but in my opinion they’re just too complicated to follow

Sure I’ll lose the ability to play many of my PSP UMD backups or homebrews on the Vita but I sill have my PSP.

So I think that updating is the way to go.

• Chris says:

Bro, DirectX10.1 and OpenGL 3.0-4.5 is supported bro. What on earth are you talking about? How do you think Disney infinity got ported to Vita in the first place??

4. Chris says:

Over the Christmas break , If the contest gets postponed I’m porting Daedalus.

• NotPeter says:

Damn that’d be awesome – wonder how it’d run

• Elwood says:

Now that would be great! But since we’re commenting on an article about the final stage of the contest, it’s pretty safe to say that it’s probably not possible to further postpone it. But if it’s cash you’re after, then perhaps starting a Patreon project might generate some income?