A while ago Coldbird and I decided to finish the ARK project for good and add all the missing features that need to be added. So we began working on its next iteration, ARK-3. However things got cold and little to no information has been released so far about the project. This is mainly because Coldbird and I don’t go out publicly too often and because we have problems finding time for the project.
ARK-3 is a Custom Firmware (eCFW) for the emulated PSP on the Vita (ePSP). It is essentially a reworked version of PROVita/ARK-1, a port of the PRO CFW for the PSP. It’s features include:
– Full compatibility with PSP home brews and games.
– ISO and CSO support through the Inferno ISO Driver as well as compatibility with the M33, ME and NP9660 drivers.
– Compatibility with PSX games under PSP exploits with partial sound through PEOPS.
– Partial compatibility with PSX exploits.
– Compatible with up to firmware 3.52
– Built in menu with advanced features like PMF playback, FTP, CFW settings and more. It is also compatible with other popular menus such as ONEmenu and 138Menu.
There’s still a lot of things to do here, most importantly:
– Finish porting ARK-3 to PSX exploits.
– Finish the PEOPS port by improving compatibility and adding game-specific configurations to the built-in database.
– Port 3.5X kernel exploits.
Hopefully releasing the source code calls the attention of other developers that might want to contribute to the project. Anyone is now free to do so.