Playstation 4 System software 3.00 is currently in beta – It features…
A few days ago the news of a Playstation 4 beta firmware 3.00 have emerged.
Said new Playstation 4 system software 3.00 is due to be available in the near future. But what does it offer?!
If the leaked feature list of a certain Japanese Beta tester is accurate, then this is going to be part of the upcoming Playstation 4 system software 3.00:
- (Events) has been added to the function items. All events associated with PlayStation are now brought together, enabling you to discover, participate in and watch these events in a centralized area.
- (Communities) has been added to (Friends). (Communities) is a feature that enables you to find players who have similar tastes and interests. You can join an existing community or create your own community. You can also play games, join parties or talk about shared interests with members in the community.
- You can now go to (Now Playing) to see what games or parties members of the community are enjoying right now. You can also easily start a game, join a party or send a request to watch a member’s gameplay in (Now Playing). You can access (Now Playing) from What’s New, (Friends), (Communities), the message screen in (Messages) or Profile.
- The layout of the message screen in (Messages) has been improved. From the message screen, you can now select (Now Playing) or easily start a party. You can also add your favorite groups to [Favorite Groups] in (Friends).
- You can now broadcast your gameplay on YouTube™.
- You can now upload video clips to Twitter (10-second limitation).
The layout of (Live from PlayStation) has been improved. In addition to broadcasts, you can now view video clips and screenshots.
You can now change the speed for automatic text scrolling in (Settings) > [Accessibility] > [Auto-Scroll Speed].
[Community], [Requests to Watch Gameplay], [Events] and [Current Song] have been added to (Settings) > [Notifications] > [Display Pop-Up Notifications].
You can now post your comments for activity feeds in What’s New.
You can now enjoy fun conversations with your Friends using (Stickers) in (Messages).
(PlayStation®Plus) has been added to the function items. You can now see all of your PlayStation®Plus benefits, such as free monthly games, exclusive discounts, news and more, in one place.
Accessibility features are now available when playing content from Blu-ray Discs™ or DVDs. Application of these features has also been expanded.
You can now restrict the use of games while looking at age level information and rating icons.
You can now create a sub account for a minor by selecting [New User] in the screen for selecting a user.
You can now adjust settings for Web filtering services from (Settings) > [Parental Controls]. You can use the service to block objectionable websites from being displayed in the Internet Browser. (Additional fees may apply for use of the service.)
Those are a lot of changes, but for a version jump from late 2.5x to 3.00 it seems a bit lackluster, doesn’t it?
Keep in mind that not everything that was teased in the system software 2.50 beta got added into the retail version of firmware 2.50.
When the 2.50 Beta was in progress, it was possible to install through a network trick, even for people who were not part of the Beta. Nobody has confirmed at this point if this trick still works for Beta 3.00
Which of the (assumingly) upcoming system software 3.00 features is your favorite? And why is that?
Be sure to let us know down in the comments below!
Source via Gematsu.com