Vita cartridge dump and boot from vita memory card by Mr. Gas

Reprep

Follow https://twitter.com/ReRepRep

1. Jamx says:

Virtua Tennis 4 on Vita is really awesome by the way, and it’s one of the game that utilized a full power and features of Vita.

2. Jim says:

WOW, from everything that’s been going on from these guys, bypasses and all, I’m very hopeful about a backup loader in the near future. I’m totally against piracy, I just crave the freedom that that would bring.

3. Momoko says:

One would need to make a universal payload cartridge for this to work like if you dump your game on the ux0: and then use that custom cartridge, given that it can trick the Vita that the cartridge is the original game but in fact it is just a dummy that contains some sort of header for it to read and verify then all would be well :). It is just one of the possible outcomes of this news :D.

4. 5ham5h33r says:

So, When will the instructions on how to do this be available? I would love to not have to switch my cartridge for each game..!

5. dyey-em_si says:

My question is that can we connect to psn using this method?

6. Cow boom says:

christ my beanbag shrunk but the egg roll blew up like a Italian sausage man can’t wait to use this method

7. lollypop says:

can this be used to run psvitatv or playstationtv games cartridges
    that otherwise wouldnt run on playstationtv (limitations bypass) ?.?

8. pshuuu says:

So I’ll be able to buy a used game from a game store, dump it, return the game, and then have a temporary digital game on my Vita. Sounds pretty cool.

9. lollypop says:

so …
    when will we see howto’s for this little nift ?.?
    id like to make cartridge backups to my memcard to on a playstationtv3.20
    so then i could prolly be playing a couple of games more then thats now the case.

1. June 1, 2016

[…] right set of skills (not, not you Liam Neeson!): last year, Mr.Gas demonstrated that he was able dump the content of a vita cartridge and boot the game from his memory stick, and a few weeks ago he released a technique to dump a […]