Minimur, WTH Happened This Week? PlaystatioNES, PS Plus games, and Fallout Shelter!
Well, there wasn’t tonnes for me to report about this week, but some super interesting things, like the Playstation that started it all!
Soft Body – PS4 & Vita
A twin stick puzzle game, it’s pretty intriguing, this is was the developer had to say:
Inspired by the simplicity and joy of twin-stick shooters and other arcade games, players take control of two beautiful, gooey snakes at the same time (one with each analogue stick). Together, you use the snakes to paint the world, which continually changes around you, while dodging bullets and popping enemies. Both soothing and tense, Soft Body combines the challenge and twitchy fun of quick-restart action games with a smooth, meditative aesthetic.
On the 1st, Naughty Dog held a twitch stream where they showcased the extended demo of their E3 showcase. On top of this, they also announced how they will have a photo mode for the game. and the game will be 1080/30 for the story mode, and 1080/60 for multiplayer. Take a look at the gameplay below, watch from 7 minutes onwards if you don’t fancy watching something you’ve already seen!
Timestamp: 11:01 – That’s a South African accent if I’ve ever heard one!
If you’ve been a lifelong subscriber to PS Plus, you may have an email about it the other day……
People who have subscribed to the service will be getting a poster which shows their achievements/player stats as a print specific to them. It’s just a matter of time until we see what these actually consist of though!
PS Plus related, however, the new games that are coming to the IGC have been announced, they are as follows:
- Rocket League (PS4)
- Styx Master of Shadows (PS4)
- Rain (PS3)
- Mousecraft (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (PS Vita)
- Entwined (PS4/PS Vita)
I’m over the moon about Rocket League coming to PS Plus, being as I had a great time playing the Beta, as I write a review and made a shareplay clip here
It’s nice how the US and EU regions are now identical to each other, rather than two separate games for the region. This makes it a lot easier to cover on here!
This months games with gold features a couple of pretty nice games, they are:
- Assassin’s Creed Black Flag
- So Many Me
- Plants vs Zombies (not garden warfare, the original)
- Gears Of War 3
They’ve balanced this quite well, in the sense that you’ll get an AAA game on both consoles, but staggered throughout the month, rather than all at once, and also bear in mind that Gears Of War 3 may be coming to Xbox One through their emulator service soon, so you may be getting the game compatible with the X1.
One of the more disappointing things of the Bethesda conference, I’m sure you’ll agree was the fact that Fallout Shelter was not coming to android, but now it was announced on twitter by Pete Hines, that the game will be coming to Android ‘sometime next month’ some guy already spent $40 on an iPhone to play the free game.
Here’s an interesting piece of gaming history, the infamous Nintendo/Playstation mash-up, has been found out in the wild, in someones home.
VG247 covered the situation pretty well, how Nintendo stuck a deal with Sony to bring the CD-Rom to consoles, but instead made a last-minute deal with Phillips, and we all know how well that went don’t we?
Weekly Blog Round-Up
Okay, I’m sorry I missed last weeks. So this week I’ll be posting 10 facts for your eyes to ogle upon! 🙂
126. Rage has a Fallout bobble head in the mayor of Wellspring’s office.
127. Okami was originally meant to look photorealistic.
128. Early versions of Bioshock’s Little Sisters included slugs, squirrel-like creatures, paralysed dogs with wheels and a frog with a jar connected to its backside by a pipe.
129. Bioshock’s original design let you manipulate the environment to weaken enemies. The transitional effect can be seen when the trees die in Arcadia.
130. Bioshock’s Splicers are based on early plastic surgery experiments on WW1 soldiers.
131. The helmets featured in Dead Space 2 are made up of over 40 moving parts.
132. In Street Fighter lore, Dhalsim’s skulls belong to children who died in a plague.
133. Despite critical acclaim and cult status, Psychonauts sold less than 90K on all formats.
134. Homefront predicted the year of Kim Jong-Il’s death and North Korea’s first nuclear test.
135. Use a helicopter to reach the top of GTA IV’s Statue Of Happiness and you’ll find a huge beating heart inside.