Minimur, WTH Happened This Week? PS Vita Games! DMC 4 Definitive Edition & Games With Gold!
This Week? We’ve got CoD statistics, Bloodborne fun and a trailer for the ‘The Last Of Us’ film….. kinda.
So how are you all liking the new PS4 update? I’m loving the new suspend resume feature, it’s so awesome playing up until that last minute before you have to leave for work, then just starting where you were when you get back home!
Anyway, surprisingly, there were quite a few Vita games announced this week some we already knew about and just got dates, let’s get crackin’!
Monsterbag – April 7th
An interesting little game, pretty confusing. Here’s the launch trailer, I’m on the fence about it.
Project Root – PS4/ Vita – April 28th
A new take on the classic shoot’em’up games, rather than a set path it is actually free roaming! Take a look at the blog post above.
Click on the images to make them larger
Metal Slug 3 – PS4, PS3, Vita – OUT NOW
I do enjoy these games, but I find that I get bored quite easily after a few hours
Broken Age – PS4, Vita – April 28th
We’ve all heard much about this game from the infamous DoubleFine, here’s the trailer they released for the PC version:
New Mass Effect Minecraft DLC – PS4, PS3, Vita
Here’s a few new PS4 games!
MotoGP 15 – PS4&PS3
Brawl – Horror Party game
I feel this announcement/full reveal deserves a section of its own, if you remember at the announcement of DmC definitive edition, at the end of the trailer the Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition was teased, well Capcom have finally revealed all, and it’s quite impressive, I might say!
With the addition of 3 new playable characters, Virgil, Lady and Trish, each with their own unique move set, this Special Edition has tonnes of improvements coming to it!
Gamespot summed it up quite nicely on the character front:
- Vergil: Dante’s ice-cold twin brother and master of the iaijutsu sword fighting style. As described by the game’s director, Hideaki Itsuno, Vergil will have a fully upgradable move set based on his rendition in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, with elements of DmC Devil May Cry’s Vergil added in, making this the definitive version of the character. He will also feature a new “Concentration” mechanic, which makes his attacks get more powerful the more flawlessly he fights. Vergil will be playable on any mission.
- Trish: Resident badass since her first appearance in the first Devil May Cry’s opening cutscene, Trish does away with the need for weapon switching, instead utilizing the versatile Sparda sword, her pistols, and her bare hands in a variety of inventive ways. Trish allows players to fight with relatively few buttons but is still quite a deep character with an awesome move set. Trish will be playable on Dante’s missions.
- Lady: Playable for the first time, Lady specializes in long-range, firearm-based combat, making the game feel completely different. Her signature weapon, the Kalina Ann, features a grappling hook which allows her to traverse environments similarly to Nero, among other applications. Lady will be playable on Nero’s missions.
Previously only in the PC version of DMC 4, the Dark Knight mode, which is an enemy wave game, where the player fights countless enemies, has made it into this game, too.
Ever wondered how many grenades have been thrown in CoD? I have, I do every day, I’m so glad Activision have released an info graph to show this. This puts my mind at rest.
For those Xbox One owners, I’ve got some pretty good news for you; if you’re an Xbox Gold subscriber, you are illegible for Games with gold, now we all knew that, but for this month you’ll be getting twice the amount of games. The games are:
- Child Of Light
- Pool Nation FX
- Gears Of War: Judgement
- Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag
- Army of Two: The Devils Cartel
I’m going to presume Black Flag is for 360 too and not Xbox One, but that’s pretty nice. 6 games in the space of a month!
For those Bloodborne owners of you, I’m sure you’re getting a bit frustrated. Well, I’ve come across an article on VG24/7, which is a collection of Bloodborne players, some were pretty satisfying to watch, others convinced me not to buy the game at all. Here’s a few:
Remember when I said there was a trailer for TLoU? I lied
Arnolds new film, ‘Maggie’ is markedly similar to the game, I think anyway, take a look for yourselves:
Tough father with stubble and plaid shirt protects daughter from any harm in a post-apocalyptic world. Hmm.
Although this has quite a bit of a twist, and his daughter is actually infected, and he’s protecting his daughter for the last days of her life, I presume, it’s not hard to see the similarities between the two though, right?
Weekly Blog Round-Up
I was originally going to post a review about a pair of speakers I bought recently, but Wololo suggested I post it on the sister-site. MakesmartTV.net I reviewed Jam Plus portable Bluetooth speakers, and for a budget speaker, and it’s size, it’s really impressive! take a read of it here:
Jam Plus Bluetooth Speaker Review; The Small Speaker That Packs a Punch – They’re awesome and cheap.
You’ll find plenty of other informative stuff on this site too, it’s definitely worth a nose!
Stack your consoles and become famous (also, win a $20 PSN Code!) – I’m not even going to chance using my 20th anniversary console in this competition.
Bubbles³: Yet another way of having Custom Bubbles on any Firmware?!
Upcoming Ninja release for Vita 3.36 and 3.50. Read the fine print!
NTR CFW 2.1 Anti-Piracy Region-Free CFW for New 3DS is now released
The malicious code hackers put in their software
We all remember playing the game as children, right? Don’t touch the lava? Well someone has finally made it into a game, ‘Hot Lava’
Here’s a picture, head to here for the gallery
I just thought it was cool how this box was floating….
This was not in the gaming section, but in ‘videos’ and it was brilliant. Give it a watch. Seriously.
56. The plot for Resident Evil 2 was originally continued in two Japanese radio dramas called ‘Chiisana Tobosha Sherry’ (Sherry, The Little Runaway) and ‘Ikiteita Onna Spy Ada’ (Ada, The Female Spy, Is Alive).
— Minimur12 (@minimur12) March 28, 2015